Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus chill hours

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
anarool
Weather Station: Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: W7

Cumulus chill hours

Post by anarool »

I have a question and would appreciate any help. I have read the wiki concerning chill hours: http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Heat/cold_ ... hill_hours. I have also read the numerous forum posts regarding chill hours.

My issue is that the chill hours when viewing the record for the year is 0.0. I looked at the figure in September and it was into the hundreds. For some reason it has disappeared. I understand that chill hours resets to 0.0 at the beginning of the season, a month which is set in the setup file I assume. But the issue is, if the new season has started then the total for chill hours for the previous year should display in a previous year.

Not sure if I am misunderstanding something... or I am going crazy. Apart from my slight issue at the moment, the software is fantastic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(I am using cumulus v1.9.4, vantage pro 2+).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus chill hours

Post by steve »

The chill hours figure resets to zero at the start of the configured season - the default is October, and it can be configured by the ChillHourSeasonStart figure in Cumulus.ini

Cumulus only stores the figure for the current year - it has nowhere to store the figures for previous years. So the 'this year' screen can only display the figure for the current year. I think the wiki page you linked to does explain that. Perhaps a future version of Cumulus (MX) will store the figures for previous years so they can be displayed.
Steve
anarool
Weather Station: Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: W7

Post by anarool »

Steve, thank you for your help. Much appreciated.
Hunter362
Weather Station: Ambient Weather WS-2080
Operating System: Ubuntu 14.4

Post by Hunter362 »

Look in your /backup folder, depending on when you restarted cumulus, the Chillhours will be in Today.ini
You could find the previous hours up to the reset there.
werribee_au
Weather Station: WH-1081 (Jaycar Digitech XC0348)
Operating System: XP SP3

Post by werribee_au »

Thinking out loud here, If I were to have backups that I created over the years I could get the season chill hours for previous years. Ummm.

What year was the chill hours calculation added to cumulus?
Just had a look, 2nd July 2011. (Now the hunt for backups that I haven't deleted)