Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus MX / 3.0

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
prinsen
Weather Station: Fine Off
Operating System: 2012

Cumulus MX / 3.0

Post by prinsen »

Hello,

Thinking of buying into Cumulus. Quite frankly feed up with WD. To much hassle and to advanced for the casual user!
Anyways have two questions.....

1. I have many scripts using clientraw files from WD. Is there a way to output those files from Cumulus?
2. Does Cumulus support MySQL or MS SQL? (if so client raw can be made from SQL if they are realtime inserted to sql)

Is it possible to pay into beta program if Cumulus 3.0 supports above?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus MX / 3.0

Post by steve »

prinsen wrote:I have many scripts using clientraw files from WD. Is there a way to output those files from Cumulus?
I don't know. I imagine you would be able to go some way to creating something similar using web tags. You may not be able to do everything that you are currently doing.
Does Cumulus support MySQL or MS SQL? (if so client raw can be made from SQL if they are realtime inserted to sql)
I'm going to add MySQL to Cumulus MX at some point, now that I've found a client library that I can use without having to pay Oracle several arms and legs. I don't know when I'll get around to that.
Steve
MackerelSky
Weather Station: Davis VP2 w/FARS
Operating System: Toshiba Laptop Windows 7 x64

Post by MackerelSky »

prinsen wrote:Hello,

Thinking of buying into Cumulus. Quite frankly feed up with WD. To much hassle and to advanced for the casual user!
Anyways have two questions.....

1. I have many scripts using clientraw files from WD. Is there a way to output those files from Cumulus?
2. Does Cumulus support MySQL or MS SQL? (if so client raw can be made from SQL if they are realtime inserted to sql)

Is it possible to pay into beta program if Cumulus 3.0 supports above?
There are quite a few folks that have come over from the dark side, LOL.

Many scripts will work for your website. Do you currently have something online to look at?
Are you using any templates now, Like Ken's from Saratoga-Weather? If so, there's CU plugins that will work.

All the Best
Brad
Davis VP2/FARS
Cumulus 1.9.4(1092)

McKean Weather
'cause not everyone lives at the airport

prinsen

Post by prinsen »

I do run this thing for iPhones:
http://sietse.net/iwdl-info/

I know there is one for cumulus to but its not as fine tuned as this one with graphs and full screen vier on iphone.

Support for database would be nice since one could do a lot with the data from that point. I guess there is 3rd party scripts to do that until cumulus supports it.

I must say after 2 days with cumulus it is VERY stable so far.Run WD and cumulus parallell for a while.

I did find a Template in here to create the clientraw.txt but it is not working. I guess it is out of date so just needs some update. Although to get IWDL working one would need the other 4 files client raw daily, hour, extra and temp or so

Btw is it possible to import log files from cumulus to SQL lets say one year from now without losing any data? (as long as cumulus is not reset).
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

prinsen wrote:Btw is it possible to import log files from cumulus to SQL lets say one year from now without losing any data? (as long as cumulus is not reset).
Sorry, I don't understand the question, can you clarify?
Steve
prinsen

Post by prinsen »

Doest cumulus retain some kind of database of historic data? (so that I can import it to SQL if/when SQL-support is added)
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Yes, monthly log files with entries every few minutes, and a file containing daily highs and lows (and other files containing all-time/monthly highs and lows etc).
Steve
Warrandyte
Weather Station: Fine Offset with Solar
Operating System: Windows XP, 7 8 and 10

Post by Warrandyte »

Yes Please Steve, limited as I may be.
Also running Win 10 on a dev PC
Thanks, Rob