Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Trends issue in strings.ini

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
mm23
Weather Station: ws 2350
Operating System: windows xp sp3

Trends issue in strings.ini

Post by mm23 »

Well, as I understand Trends in strings.ini are made to display changes by words for temperature (rising, steady, falling), and for pressure trends (six others).
I notice, that if the pressure is steady it use a "steady" trend value which is originally made for temperature.
Am I right....please someone?

Thanks
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Trends issue in strings.ini

Post by steve »

I don't understand the question. The trend values in strings.ini are used for both pressure and temperature; temperature only uses Rising, Falling, and Steady and pressure uses all nine strings. Are you saying that it isn't working properly?
Steve
mm23
Weather Station: ws 2350
Operating System: windows xp sp3

Re: Trends issue in strings.ini

Post by mm23 »

It is all clear now. Thanks Steve. Misunderstanding arose because on my native language trends usually include also the word "temperature" or "pressure" (eg "pressure steady" instead on English just "steady")
Guess I'll have to change method.......

Thanks Steve!