Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Sanday Weather mouse over charts

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
mareid123
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7

Sanday Weather mouse over charts

Post by mareid123 »

How do you make the charts like the ones on your website: http://www.sanday.org.uk/weather/trends.htm? I am using Cumulus v.1.9.4, and my trend page is not like yours. My graphs are not interactive and don't have the mouse over feature.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Sanday Weather mouse over charts

Post by steve »

It's the new version of Cumulus that I'm still developing.
2014-11-10 20_16_20-Sanday weather.png
It uses a JavaScript charting package called NVD3 (based on d3.js).

You can do something similar with the current version of Cumulus using NVD3, or something like Highcharts, see http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Highcharts_-_Realtime for example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
Spider-Vice
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian

Post by Spider-Vice »

Looks like we inadvertently got a sneak peek at the new graphs in Cumulus 3! :p Jokes aside, that actually looks pretty awesome.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Spider-Vice wrote:Looks like we inadvertently got a sneak peek at the new graphs in Cumulus 3! :p Jokes aside, that actually looks pretty awesome.
Yep, very nice.

One small problem Steve, on the two machines I've tried the graph does not draw the first time the page loads. On a refresh it is fine, I noticed it on my laptop and phone, both using Chrome. I cannot reproduce it once the page has been loaded once, even after clearing the cache, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It always loads first time for me. Do you get any javascript errors?
Steve
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I also took a peek and it loaded correctly (actually looked more than once ;) ) and ok each time.

Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
mareid123
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by mareid123 »

They work (and look) great on my computer! I didn't have any issues, even on the first load. I tried playing with Highcharts, but I haven't had any luck with them yet. I really like the look and functionality of your updated trends. They are what made me ditch VWS and install Cumulus.
nossis
Operating System: Win 10

Post by nossis »

Ah very nice.... Worked fine for me in Aus. Took a bit to load but no need to refresh
Worked in IE11 and Firefox 33

I have been wanting to do High Charts or similar but since I am technically challenged and often lazy... This addition would be very much appreciated within the standard setup! Looks mighty fine! :clap:
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Mark, could the problem that you're seeing be something to do with the order of loading of the js files, and/or where on the page they are loaded? The page could do with tidying up anyway, with its mix of internal and external css and js.

It's odd that only you seem to have a problem. Quite a few people have commented on the graphs in the three months that they've been on my web site, but no-one before has ever mentioned having a problem.
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

steve wrote:Mark, could the problem that you're seeing be something to do with the order of loading of the js files, and/or where on the page they are loaded? The page could do with tidying up anyway, with its mix of internal and external css and js.

It's odd that only you seem to have a problem. Quite a few people have commented on the graphs in the three months that they've been on my web site, but no-one before has ever mentioned having a problem.
It could be, and there was a JS error, but I didn't catch it. It was one of the core modules (NV ?iirc?) was not declared when it was required, which is odd as all the scripts should be downloaded before any is run.

I still cannot reproduce the issue though so I wouldn't worry about it.

One optimisation would be to move the inline script in the header to your page cumuluscharts.js file.