Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Steel Series Gauges Pop up Graphs

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
arthurhh
Weather Station: Davis VP pro 2
Operating System: Win7

Steel Series Gauges Pop up Graphs

Post by arthurhh »

I have 2.4.4 installed it seems all okay, except my pop up graphs do not show correctly the time scale appears to be fixed.
http://weather.tokoroa.info/gauges1.php my other installation for an associate seems to be correct http://billahstweather.com/gauges1.php

Can someone point me in the direction of what part of the files (js or Html or PHP) that control this graph scale function.
http://tokoroa.dyndns.org/ Main Site

IT Fixer
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Steel Series Gauges Pop up Graphs

Post by steve »

The pop-up is just the image of the graph that Cumulus creates, as shown on this page - http://weather.tokoroa.info/trends.php

So the problem is that the graphs on your web page stopped being updated at about 2pm. Are they updating in Cumulus itself, and if so, are the images in the Cumulus\web\images folder on your PC being updated?
Steve
arthurhh
Weather Station: Davis VP pro 2
Operating System: Win7

Post by arthurhh »

steve wrote:The pop-up is just the image of the graph that Cumulus creates, as shown on this page - http://weather.tokoroa.info/trends.php

So the problem is that the graphs on your web page stopped being updated at about 2pm. Are they updating in Cumulus itself, and if so, are the images in the Cumulus\web\images folder on your PC being updated?
I worked out the relationship to the Cumulus graphs and was close to getting a solution, but this confirms my problem solving.
http://tokoroa.dyndns.org/ Main Site

IT Fixer
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It looks like the graphs are updating now; did you find out what the problem was?
Steve
gluepack
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Post by gluepack »

Errr.. I wondered why my pop-up graphs hadn't changed, lol! I am not known for reading documentation and I should have realised that the graphs were probably uploaded, as opposed to being generated dynamically (the fact that there is a reference to their location specified in gauges.js should have rung some bells although there is nothing in the Wiki about their source). However, the Cumulus web/images hasn't been updated for a couple of years and I don't use CumulusMX to FTP anything anyway.
So, how do I specify to CumulusMX that I want the graphs generated (I can sort out their movement)?

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
Station type: PCE-FWS 20…Webcam link: View south to edge of Provadisko plateau
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

CumulusMX does not generate the graph images as Cumulus used to, so I put together a bit of PHP script to generate simple static graphs for the gauges. You can find the topic here: https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13189
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

OK but where do you specify that you want to use jpgraph as opposed to the stored images?

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

You don't have to do anything, if you use the supplied .htaccess file, then they will appear to have the same filenames (to the clients web browser anyway) as the Cumulus images.
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

well .htaccess didn't work but changing the image names in gauges.js did. However, although the text is correct, there is no image.

http://www.jerbils.info/saratoga/wxgauges.php

Update: Oh I guess it is the json files. I don't remember reading anything about them having to be there. However, searching the forum shows many references with regard to them and the trend graphs. So, I guess I have to have CumulusMX generate them and upload them? Gosh, more effort than I was led to believe ;)

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Your .htaccess is working, for instance trying to view... http://www.jerbils.info/saratoga/wind.png
Shows the PHP is being called OK, but failing to find the files /graphconfig.json and /winddata.json

Yep, the graphs do need either the MX JSON files, or a MySQL database to load the data, they can't make it up ;)

Note at the moment the scripts are looking in the root of your website for these files.
Last edited by mcrossley on Tue 13 Oct 2015 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

Note the scripts are looking in the root of your website at the moment for these files.
Yes, that's because when you looked I wasn't aware that they were needed. I have changed that now and I have uploaded a bunch of jsons that CumulusMX apparently automatically creates (I have to figure out what to do about cloudbase, I guess).
Perhaps they are created at a specific time although, based on the setting that I have in CMX for web update (that isn't being used anyway, in theory), it doesn't appear to be then. Twice a day, just after 12, I guess.

For the moment I have set CMX to run a batch file at the start of day. However, as I assume that the files are created twice a day, it would be nice to know how to coordinate an upload (remember I don't use CMX to do that) and, as it is 200k of data, I would like to figure out how to do it without getting crapped on by my host for too many connections (i.e. the 15 sec. upload is being done at the same time).
At the moment I have two separate vbs's that call bats that call WinSCP. There doesn't appear to be any checking in WinSCP, on other than a full folder basis, to synchronize and I haven't figured out how to check in a batch file so that I don't upload more than once in a twelve hour period yet.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

gluepack

Instructions for json files to be created and not uploaded

Post by gluepack »

Ok, I have tried searching the site and wiki and regardless of parameters the only relevant thing in this regard seems to be a comment by steve suggesting something like "yes, inconsistent isn't it."

Json files were created yesterday at around 12:32. Perhaps it was coincidence. Perhaps I threw a switch, temporarily, somewhere in CumulusMX that caused that to happen. At 12:58 the next day they haven't been updated.

Please can I have a definitive answer to... how can I have the json files, that CumulusMX can produce, created on a regular basis without them being (or any attempt made, that may cause a failure or change any other process, to have them being) uploaded anywhere?

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Select 'auto update' and 'Include graph data files'. Leave host/user/password all empty. It will then create the graph json files at the interval you specify in 'upload interval' without uploading them anywhere. That works for me, at least.
Steve
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

Oh, it works for me too. I must have flipped the auto update one time yesterday.

gluepack

Post by gluepack »

Now, I've replaced whatever graph it was that came up for cloud base with cloudbaseCU.php and nearly tore my hair out figuring out how to reformat the generated image. In the end I chose a sledgehammer approach by generating an alternative img class, as opposed to what I would have liked to have done, just adding a width/height to the generated html.
Worse was having to reformat hard coded text formatting for the description and now, I guess, I have to find a Notepad++ plugin that is easy to plugin, understandable to a lay person and that will minimize the language.js but, for the time being, it will have to do...

http://www.jerbils.info/saratoga/wxgauges.php
Last edited by gluepack on Tue 13 Oct 2015 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.