Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Additional external sensors

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
engolling
Weather Station: WH3080 + Custom Station
Operating System: Raspbian

Additional external sensors

Post by engolling »

Hello,

I'm a new user of Cumulus and I started with a Fine Offset WH3080 because of limited budget.
Since the WH3800 has the temperature sensor to be places close to the other sensors, ich would likte do capture additional sensors.

I started to build some Sensors with 2 calibrated DS1602 thermometers and a 433MHz wireless transmitter and I get the data over RS232 into the computer where cumulus is running.

Is there any possibility to get this data into cumulus? I read some threads in the forum and the FAQs and I unfortunately didn't see any chance.

Thanks for your help.

Stefan
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Additional external sensors

Post by steve »

No, not currently, unless you were to create some kind of hardware and/or software interface to emulate a station which is supported by Cumulus which does have extra sensors, e.g. a Davis. Cumulus only supports extra sensors which are available as standard sensors for a particular station.
Steve
engolling
Weather Station: WH3080 + Custom Station
Operating System: Raspbian

Post by engolling »

Hello Steve,

thank you for your quick reply.

So would it be theoreticaly possible, to tick extra sensors in combination with the selected Fine Offset station and then to emulate protocol of the Davis station to read those sensors?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

No, you would have to emulate a Davis station and select that as the station type.
Steve