Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

"Econnaborted - Connection Error"

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Marny
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 10

"Econnaborted - Connection Error"

Post by Marny »

I have today started to get the following error message in Filezilla, "Disconnected from Server - Econnaborted - Connection Aborted" Current web space provider is WebHost.Uk.Net.
The date from my Davis Vantage Pro2 continues to transfer to the PC correctly, I'm just not able to update to the web.
Any thoughts or suggestion would be appreciated.

Running Cumulus v1.9.4 (1086)

Neil. (Marny)
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: "Econnaborted - Connection Error"

Post by steve »

I don't understand the reference to Filezilla, Cumulus does its own ftp. Googling that error with Filezilla suggests an issue with the router, and some people get around it by using active ftp mode.

Are you getting errors from the Cumulus ftp component also? Have you tried active ftp mode?
Steve
Marny

Post by Marny »

steve wrote:I don't understand the reference to Filezilla, Cumulus does its own ftp. Googling that error with Filezilla suggests an issue with the router, and some people get around it by using active ftp mode.

Are you getting errors from the Cumulus ftp component also? Have you tried active ftp mode?
Hi Steve, I was making some changes to my website earlier today using Filezilla. At the same time I was prompted to accept an update to the Filezilla software version I'd been using, which I did. It was after accepting the update that the error message appeared and since then I've not been able to get updates to my web site.
I'm not seeing errors from Cumulus ftp components.

Thinking it may have be something I'd done I decided to start from scratch and rebuild the webfiles. I removed Filezilla and then tried reinstalling, however, the current version now wont run on my XP machine!

I'll leave it for a while and then give some thought on what options are open to me.
Thanks again for your support.
Neil
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Someone else posted about Filezilla and XP recently. Apparently the last version which works on XP is 3.8.0.

You're not seeing any errors from Cumulus, but is it actually uploading to your web site successfully or not?
Steve
Marny

Post by Marny »

steve wrote:Someone else posted about Filezilla and XP recently. Apparently the last version which works on XP is 3.8.0.

You're not seeing any errors from Cumulus, but is it actually uploading to your web site successfully or not?
I'm not able to upload any information to my website, the last update was on 2 August at 15:02, (see nwm1.co.uk) but that's because as I mentioned earlier, I've removed Filezilla and the Cumulus webfiles from my website, thinking I may have caused the problem. My intention was to start from scratch and upload the basic Cumulus files.
I guess I need to get an FTP tool that will work with Windows XP, or update my operating system. Thanks for the info regarding v3.8.0, I'll look to see if I can obtain a version as the first option.

I'm annoyed with myself for tinkering with things yesterday because up and until then everything was working fine. I have a back up my data which is something...

Thanks again.
Neil (marny)
Marny

Post by Marny »

Marny wrote:
steve wrote:Someone else posted about Filezilla and XP recently. Apparently the last version which works on XP is 3.8.0.

I'm not able to upload any information to my website, the last update was on 2 August at 15:02, (see nwm1.co.uk) but that's because as I mentioned earlier, I've removed Filezilla and the Cumulus webfiles from my website, thinking I may have caused the problem. My intention was to start from scratch and upload the basic Cumulus files.
I guess I need to get an FTP tool that will work with Windows XP, or update my operating system. Thanks for the info regarding v3.8.0, I'll look to see if I can obtain a version as the first option.

I'm annoyed with myself for tinkering with things yesterday because up and until then everything was working fine. I have a back up my data which is something...

Thanks again.
Neil (marny)
Marny wrote:

Thanks again.
Neil (marny)
Steve,

Would you mind having a look at the two screen prints of my WinSCP and Cumulus Internet setting file and let me know if you can see anything obvious that I'm doing wrong. I can FTP with WinSCP but still not getting any Cumulus updates to my website.
Thanks
Neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You have some recently uploaded files from Cumulus on your site (the ones ending 'tmp'), but the corresponding .htm files haven't updated since Saturday. So presumably what is happening is that the ftp server is complaining when Cumulus tries to do the rename. If you turn on ftp logging, the ftplog.txt file will hopefully show the error replies from the server.
Steve
Marny

Post by Marny »

steve wrote:You have some recently uploaded files from Cumulus on your site (the ones ending 'tmp'), but the corresponding .htm files haven't updated since Saturday. So presumably what is happening is that the ftp server is complaining when Cumulus tries to do the rename. If you turn on ftp logging, the ftplog.txt file will hopefully show the error replies from the server.
Thanks Steve, I've now turned on ftp logging.
Marny

Post by Marny »

Marny wrote:
steve wrote:You have some recently uploaded files from Cumulus on your site (the ones ending 'tmp'), but the corresponding .htm files haven't updated since Saturday. So presumably what is happening is that the ftp server is complaining when Cumulus tries to do the rename. If you turn on ftp logging, the ftplog.txt file will hopefully show the error replies from the server.
Thanks Steve, I've now turned on ftp logging.
Sorry, I should have asked would you like me to send you the file or part of it?
It come up on my machine as, realtimeftplog.txt in the Cumulus root folder.

Neil
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It's the file called ftplog.txt that I need to see. If you zip it and attach it here, I'll take a look.
Steve
Marny

Post by Marny »

steve wrote:It's the file called ftplog.txt that I need to see. If you zip it and attach it here, I'll take a look.
Is there a limit on the size of file I can attach? Ive zipped the ftplog.text and its still 8MB. When I tried attaching it to the message it just hung.

Neil
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I think the default limit is 7MB. I thought I had increased it, but perhaps not. I only need to see the trace for one upload, so you could just edit the file down.
Steve
Marny

Post by Marny »

steve wrote:I think the default limit is 7MB. I thought I had increased it, but perhaps not. I only need to see the trace for one upload, so you could just edit the file down.
Hope I've captured a sufficient amount. The file looks quite small so I've not zipped it and hope that will be OK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

20:20:18:078 FTP Command: RNTO thismonth.htm
20:20:18:078 03047750 TriggerDataSent 1148
20:20:18:109 FTP Response: 550 Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
20:20:18:109 >|550 Cannot create a file when that file already exists. |

Your ftp server doesn't support renaming a file when the target already exists, which somewhat defeats the point of the rename option. You will need to turn off the 'rename' setting in Cumulus.
Steve
Marny

Post by Marny »

steve wrote:20:20:18:078 FTP Command: RNTO thismonth.htm
20:20:18:078 03047750 TriggerDataSent 1148
20:20:18:109 FTP Response: 550 Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
20:20:18:109 >|550 Cannot create a file when that file already exists. |

Your ftp server doesn't support renaming a file when the target already exists, which somewhat defeats the point of the rename option. You will need to turn off the 'rename' setting in Cumulus.
Well done Steve and thank you, now back on line and a great feeling it is.
I do not recollect changing that setting in Cumulus. I've been using WebHostUK since going on line, is it possible they have made changes their end.

Again, thank you for your support.
Kind regards
Neil