Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Importing Data to Excel

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Bri
Weather Station: WS3083
Operating System: Windows 7

Importing Data to Excel

Post by Bri »

I have recently purchased an Aercus WS3083 after my La Crosse sensors failed. La Crosse used "Heavy Weather" software that exported column headings & data to Excel. When I import data from Cumulus to Excel the resulting data file does not include column headings. Any suggestions please?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Importing Data to Excel

Post by steve »

Cumulus provides two files containing the column headers, monthlyfileheader.txt and dayfileheader.txt.
Steve
tjaliwalpa
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Linux Lite Ubuntu 16.04

Post by tjaliwalpa »

steve wrote:Cumulus provides two files containing the column headers, monthlyfileheader.txt and dayfileheader.txt.
Just wondering, what would happen if the header files were inserted at the beginning of the data files in Cumulus? Would this corrupt these files?
Bob
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

tjaliwalpa wrote: Just wondering, what would happen if the header files were inserted at the beginning of the data files in Cumulus? Would this corrupt these files?
Yes, Cumulus would complain.
nossis
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Win 10

Post by nossis »

I have managed to import the data as exported out of heavy weather into Excel.
Once I had the data in excel I could then modify the formats of the data.
A bit of formula to get the times and dates right and then copy past into a notepad file, repalced (replace all) the "tab" with "," and then it was good.
It was a while ago now, I do remember it took me a while to get the formats right before it realy played nicely.

The trick is to see an existing data file and make sure that the leading zeros and decimal places are the same. Then it will play.
But yes the headings wont work. (as already mentioned) Exlcude the heading rows from your final output to text file for cumulus
I do rember I had to rearrange the columns to suit cumulus.

I created the month data files as exported out. Once Cumulus had these, I could then recreate day files for further back as the Heavy weather had recorded.

What I did come across that since I had holes in my data, some of the mins were showing as zero when I know that we never ever get for example zero degrees here.

Time and patience with it and you will get a result

Attahced are some of the excel files I worked with that may be of use.
Also attached a file that works out the apparent temp and heat index.
Use and amend to suit your needs
As I say, it was some time ago so best to check that the reuslts you get are expected.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
philcdav
Weather Station: MyDEL WX2008 Mk2 Fine Offset
Operating System: XP and W7

Post by philcdav »

Hi Bri.

interesting stuff for us 'nerdy' data processors.

You might look at a free program called CSVEdit

http://csved.sjfrancke.nl/

It works really well as a pre-processor for Excell
Phil - G0DOR