Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus Bug With Desktop

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Cumulus Bug With Desktop

Post by RayProudfoot »

swyman18 wrote: Seriously? Tell that to everyone jumping all over him for things as trivial as "quoting replies".
I'm not his keeper. Everyone isn't jumping over him. It's just a few people who may not know his background and get irritated by him fully quoting in replies.
I've got nothing against him at all, I'm just saying I enjoy reading the back and forth.
If that's what you enjoy then fine. Is anything gained by announcing it to everyone?
Yes nobody is perfect and he has some things to learn. But the next time someone rips him for saying or doing the wrong thing, I will look for your reply about "uncalled for" comments.

Sorry if I offended anyone, just having a little fun.
I'm not going to jump on everyone if they choose to denigrate him. I replied to your comment because you appear to get some enjoyment out of seeing a teenager attacked who has a condition that's not his fault. Having fun at someone's expense is in poor taste.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

William Grimsley
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Post by William Grimsley »

An update on the situation. I've found that if I'm what I call 'active' on Cumulus e.g. resizing window or looking at graphs etc. Then, I minimise Cumulus there is no problem. But, if I open Cumulus and then minimise Cumulus. Then, the problem is there. However, if I just open Cumulus and press 'Show desktop'. Then, there is no problem.
tjaliwalpa
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Linux Lite Ubuntu 16.04

Post by tjaliwalpa »

William, have you got Cumulus set to minimise to the tray? It might be worth trying this deactivated for a while and then activated to see if one or the other settings produces your ghosted title bar image.
Bob
William Grimsley
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Post by William Grimsley »

tjaliwalpa wrote:William, have you got Cumulus set to minimise to the tray? It might be worth trying this deactivated for a while and then activated to see if one or the other settings produces your ghosted title bar image.
Yes, minimising to the tray is the issue. But, this helps the data miss less frequently.