Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus ftp updates appearing in wrong directory!

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Cumulus ftp updates appearing in wrong directory!

Post by forestedge »

Recently changed my web host and having problems with display of latest conditions. My website has to be in the public-html directory so I uploaded the web files having configured Cumulus for the ftp web host.

I have the Steelseries graphs working fine, although the graphs do not display when moused over.

The problem appears to be that the html files and images are appearing in the root directory rather than public_html although the ftp log suggests otherwise as below. :bash:
I have restarted Cumulus but no change. Any recent conditions shown have been manually uploaded not automatically. Any ideas please?

Thanks Roger

Logging in to ftp.tottonweather.co.uk
Uploading C:\Cumulus\web\gauges-ssT.htmtmp
Remote file: /public_html/gauges-ss.htm
Changing directory to /home/tottonwe/public_html
Uploading standard files
Sending html pages
Changing directory to images
Sending graph files
FTP Error: FTP component not connected
Aborting
Already disconnected!
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus ftp updates appearing in wrong directory!

Post by steve »

The error window is not useful for diagnosing ftp problems; you need to turn on ftp logging and look at ftplog.txt. You have almost certainly specified an incorrect ftp directory,and the ftp log will show an error when an attempt is made to change to the directory you have specified. Relative paths (without a leading slash) are always safer than absolute paths (with a leading slash) and you may find that just specifying "public_html" works OK, but this all depends on how your ftp server and your ftp account is set up.
Steve
forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Post by forestedge »

Thanks for those pointers Steve, hopefully I will resolve this now!
lu3fbm_arg
Weather Station: wh1081
Operating System: windows server 2008.

Post by lu3fbm_arg »

I have the same message with the problem that is sending me the graphical FTP hum.png. Where you can be the problem?
thanks

steve wrote:The error window is not useful for diagnosing ftp problems; you need to turn on ftp logging and look at ftplog.txt. You have almost certainly specified an incorrect ftp directory,and the ftp log will show an error when an attempt is made to change to the directory you have specified. Relative paths (without a leading slash) are always safer than absolute paths (with a leading slash) and you may find that just specifying "public_html" works OK, but this all depends on how your ftp server and your ftp account is set up.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

You've quoted a message from me which tells you what you need to do to help find the problem where uploaded files don't go to the directory that you expect (turn on ftp logging and look at ftplog.txt), and what the likely cause is (incorrect ftp directory configured in Cumulus).
Steve