Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

A novel real-time gauge display

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: A novel real-time gauge display

Post by steve »

odintheterrible wrote:As an only occasional visitor to the forum I'd be interested in integrating these into a web page so can you tell me where/how one can obtain a copy of the scripts/codes etc ?
See the first post in the thread: "NB: This is simply a live demonstration for now and not a distributable download."
Steve
odintheterrible
Weather Station: Brandson 304577 & GW1000
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Post by odintheterrible »

steve wrote:
odintheterrible wrote:As an only occasional visitor to the forum I'd be interested in integrating these into a web page so can you tell me where/how one can obtain a copy of the scripts/codes etc ?
See the first post in the thread: "NB: This is simply a live demonstration for now and not a distributable download."
I know this thank you very much ... I'm simply working on something similar
"Qui Custodit Ipsos Custodes ? ..."

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I have updated the display to ver 0.12 (check you have the latest version by clicking the 'i' icon) so that it is now using an experimental technique to batch up the wind readings, at present it is only sending two readings at a time to the browser, every 5 seconds. The first reading is from my VP2, the intermediate 2.5 second readings are invented random values.

Ver 0.12 also fixes a rounding error in the windspeeds.

http://weather.wilmslowastro.com/instro ... matica.htm
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Now up to version 0.13. This fixes a bug whereby multiple downloads of the data would be triggered when teh settings and info dialogs were open and closed.

For this version the getClimaticaData.php has been updated again, it now reads from the Cumulus 3600 item wind data arrays. At the moment my copy is reading the data files every 5 seconds (my realtime interval), but as the wind array is updated every 2.5 seconds by Cumulus, the 'missing' intermediate values are now 'real' rather than invented. This opens the way to fulfil John's desire to read the data once a minute and 'replay' all the readings on the display, albeit delayed by 1 minute.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

I can't believe I wrote this back in 2013!

Anyway, I revisited it again and finally implemented the ability to change the barometer scale between mb, hPa, kPa. I also added a bit of a fade effect to setup and about boxes and added an iframe kludge to detect the usable window size changes when scroll bars appear/disappear - the window.resize event does not trigger in those instances.

http://weather.wilmslowastro.com/test/i ... matica.php

Edit: I also lengthened the red average pointers a little so you can read them better against the outer scales.
jdc
Weather Station: Davis VP2 : Instromet
Operating System: Win 10

Post by jdc »

That is absolutely spot on - pointer movements are
climatica.jpg
very realistic. With my, albeit older Climatica, looking well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

That looks really nice Mark. Between the wind direction and wind speed there is nearly constant movement of the needles at the moment.

The ticker is also very nice.

Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

PaulMy wrote:That looks really nice Mark. Between the wind direction and wind speed there is nearly constant movement of the needles at the moment.
Yes, I run a 5 second real time update, but I read out the last two elements of the wind speed and direction arrays Cumulus provides to give a 2.5 second display update. I don't think Cumulus can always keep up with that update rate as I seem to get lots of duplicated values in the arrays.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

jdc wrote:That is absolutely spot on - pointer movements are very realistic. With my, albeit older Climatica, looking well.
Thanks John, I've never really seen one running properly, so I pretty much guessed what the pointer movements should be like!