Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Davis 'Live' Console for Cumulus Websites Ver CU2.4.1

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Re: Davis 'Live' Console for Cumulus Websites Ver CU2.4.1

Post by ConligWX »

Phil23 wrote:Not sure how it works; they only say they resolve it internally.

But if you want to see for yourself you can Ping these domain names & always return the same IP.

mooc.com.au
rangroup.com.au
abstractplumbing.com.au

All resolve to 203.0.23.207

Phil
If its Apache, then they just point a Domain at a web folder share and thats it. I have two domains hosted here at home, both domains have separate entries, and point to different directories on my main web folder. /htdocs/ Apache handles the rest.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

It's how most web hosting works, they host multiple web sites on the same server, and they all use the same IP address. The web server works out which site to display based on the name in the requested URL. You can usually pay extra to have a dedicated IP address (pointing to the same shared server), or you can go one step further (at further extra cost) and have a dedicated server for your web site as well as a dedicated IP address.
Steve
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

And that is where the problem lies;
Any one of those websites that share the same IP can trigger a block on that IP which affects everyone.
BCJKiwi

Post by BCJKiwi »

Re davconfcst.txt
This is a special file generated when forecasts that don't match are found.
Designed to help you to help me find and add "new" DAVIS forecasts that may have been missed.

Again, it is documented in the HowTo file around line 166 - Installation section 2.
So this file would have been created and added to as it found the Zambretti forecasts it did not understand.

As suggested before,

Please; grab a coffee, sit in a quiet spot, and re-read the davconCU_HowTo.txt file.
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

BCJKiwi wrote:Re davconfcst.txt
This is a special file generated when forecasts that don't match are found.
Designed to help you to help me find and add "new" DAVIS forecasts that may have been missed.
Re this file, & just a knee jerk thought;
Is there much advantage in time & date stamping the file?
That said, would it be a major code change, or something quite simple.
Please; grab a coffee, sit in a quiet spot, and re-read the davconCU_HowTo.txt file.
Intend to do just that now I understand it more; just a matter of dodging the interruptions.

Phil
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

Have to say I'm now very impressed with this page from one very particular point of view.

Since receiving my VP2 back in September, I've had in the back of my mind that I'd like a second console for the office or outside living area.

Possibly a VUE console considering the high prices of the AU unit.

Yes I can access the data on a phone, tablet or PC in those areas, but that always requires more user input than simply casting your eyes at a screen.

$297.50AUD for an AU Vue Console.
$412.50AUD for an AU VP2 Console.

Having now seen this page live with my data, I'm thinking on the lines of rPi, with something like a 5" SSD1969 TFT, (800x480 Res),
which I'm guessing can be had for around $100.

So being new to rPi (just had it a few week & little Linux experience), I'm wondering is anyone doing just that?

Is 800x480 a suitable res for this image?

Could be either the full graphic, but more likely just the orange data display, no image or buttons.

Major code changes would be beyond my scope of ability, but I imagine the buttons etc could be lost & moved to touch links on the display image.

Sounds like a great way to have a couple of extra VP2 consoles at a fraction of the cost.

Phil
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
BCJKiwi

Post by BCJKiwi »

Hi,
Have not previously considered that option but sounds do-able.
The rectangle of the transparent background for the VP2 console is 726 x 465 px, and, the actual image inside that is ~ 690 x 435 px.
Don't be tempted to edit the image size (including the transparent border) as all the data on the image is located with reference to the current image edges.
The buttons on the console image should still work.

You could probably fit in the one line indicating the update info below the image as well.

So 800 x 480 should work (no guarantees!)
A quick check indicates all the required (simple) edits are in the -inc file ( header text and everything below the image), and in the main file (by removing the call to the footer).

PM me if you want to test the edits on your PC.