Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Automatic Start-up in Windows 8

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Nels
Weather Station: Ambient Weather WS-2095
Operating System: Windows 10

Automatic Start-up in Windows 8

Post by Nels »

I'm running Cumulus v1.9.3 (1059) on my Windows 8 PC with no issues, but I would like to get it to automatically start up after a PC reboot. I was away this weekend and without weather info due to a power outage the day I left. I have tried using the task scheduler, but for some reason it does not work. Has anyone else been able to get it to work who can give me a hand?
Thanks
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Automatic Start-up in Windows 8

Post by steve »

Does putting it in the startup folder not work? I have a number of programs on my Windows 8 PC which start automatically that way. Haven't tried Cumulus, admittedly.
Steve
bruce45
Weather Station: wh1081
Operating System: windows 10

Post by bruce45 »

hi
I use start up delay from r2 studios to start cumulus as well as other programs. as you can delay when they start it is handy to make sure your connected to the internet. check out there site http://www.r2.com.au/ it might be what your after.

bruce
Nels
Weather Station: Ambient Weather WS-2095
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Nels »

I guess I was just trying to get too fancy. I put Cumulus in the startup folder and that works just fine.

Thanks, Steve, as always for your amazing support and for Cumulus!