Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WMR88 Temperature Sensors 2 and 3

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
brised
Weather Station: WMR88
Operating System: WIN2008

WMR88 Temperature Sensors 2 and 3

Post by brised »

I have been using a WMR88 with your software for a good while now, but with just the one temperature sensor (I have the wind and rain etc but they are not really relevant to this). My heater in the greenhouse went wrong last year and I lost a fair bit because I did not know, so I thought I wonder if I could get an extra temp sensor and stick it in the Greenhouse. I did and it shows nicely on channel 2 of the WMR88. Next I was going to use the Cumulus toolbox to trigger an alert if the temperature went to low. The only problem is that I don't seem to be able to get any data in the <#ExtraTemp1> <#ExtraTemp2> <#ExtraTemp3> Cumulus tags. The Extra OS tags don't mention the WMR88 specifically rather they mention the bigger brothers, but I was hoping it would just work, anyone have any success here or ideas on what I might be doing wrong.

Brian
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WMR88 Temperature Sensors 2 and 3

Post by steve »

I've had a quick look at the code and I can't see any reason why <#ExtraTemp2> wouldn't give the value of the temperature on channel 2 of a WMR88. What version/build of Cumulus are you using?

Could you please turn on the debug log for a few minutes, and then attach the debug.log, and also attach the web page template where you're using the web tag.
Steve