Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Davis Console data cancellation

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Tigro11
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Windows Seven

Davis Console data cancellation

Post by Tigro11 »

Hi guys, I have a problem with the Davis, after a couple of days the wind is blocked.
I believe that the problem is that Cumulusmx does not empty the memory of the console.
could you help me how to configure cumulusmx to delete data in memory of the console?
thank you

Valerio
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Davis Console data cancellation

Post by mcrossley »

The logger memory is designed to fill, once full it starts overwriting the oldest entries.

You can clear the logger memory, but it is very disruptive and you will probably lose contact with your sensors for a while. It is not recommended.

Is your wind sensor connected to your ISS? Or is it on it's own transmitter?

If it is connected to your ISS, do the other readings also stop - temperature, humidity, rain?
If they are on the same ISS, and the other sensors continue to work, then check the wind sensor connector, check the whole cable for damage etc.
Tigro11

Post by Tigro11 »

I use WiFilogger, no is not a problem of cables, when you unload data with WeatherLink resumes everything to work.
The defect for now I gave it to the speed of the wind.
I believed that on Cumulusmx there was a function to empty the memory buffer every tot. weather.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

There is not ability in Cumulus to reset the logger memory - other than changing the logging interval to a new value and setting back again, and you have the option to change the logger interval enabled.

I really recommend that you do not do this though! The issue is not that the memory is "full" - there is no such thing really - your problem lies elsewhere.

Can you switch on debug logging and post the MXdiags log when the issue next occurs?
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

WiFiLogger has a Setup => Weatherstation setup => Send command to logger => Send Command = CLRLOG (clears the archive data)
But suggest you follow Mark's comments.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Tigro11

Post by Tigro11 »

Thanks guys, now I keep monitored and keep you updated.
When it stops I try to empty the archive with WeatherLink and see if it starts again.
Valerio