Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

My upgrade from Cumulus 1.9.4 (win) to Cumulus MX (rpi)

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

david3
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Debian 12 64bit for rpi

My upgrade from Cumulus 1.9.4 (win) to Cumulus MX (rpi)

Post by david3 »

I recently upgraded from Cumulus 1.9.4 (build 1099) running on Windows to Cumulus MX (v3.0.0 build 3043) running on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (Raspbian Stretch).

I ran into a few hiccups I thought I'd note in case it helps somebody else doing this upgrade later. I imagine these would not be issues for a new install; they were just issues because I moved my old data over.

While the date formats in many of the files were changed automatically when starting Cumulus MX for the first time, some were not, and it caused incorrect data on my website.

These are the ones I remember having to change manually to the YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:DD format.

Cumulus.ini - StartDate

today.ini - Timestamp

alltime.ini - all date/times

month.ini - all date/times

I also had to change the NOAA settings.

Original Cumulus 1.9.4
MonthFileFormat="NOAAMO"mmyy".txt"
YearFileFormat="NOAAYR"yyyy".txt"

New Cumulus MX
MonthFileFormat='NOAAMO'MMyy'.txt'
YearFileFormat='NOAAYR'yyyy'.txt'

I'm not sure the single quotes are necessary, but the "mm" wasn't working for sure (it needed to be "MM").

Also, I was starting Cumulus.exe with "-lang en-PH" since that's what I used when I installed Raspbian.

But when it changed the date format in most of the files, it reversed the month and day. In my old files it was "MM-DD-YYYY"
which I thought should be ok, since en-PH uses the same date format (and the same as en-US).

When I restored the original data files and started Cumulus.exe with "-lang en-US" it converted the dates properly, so I just
use that now and it seems to work fine.

I think it's a bug with the en-PH definition in .NET and not something specific to Cumulus MX. I'm not sure if there's problems with definitions for other locales, but maybe something to check if the month and day is getting reversed.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: My upgrade from Cumulus 1.9.4 (win) to Cumulus MX (rpi)

Post by mcrossley »

That should be useful to someone, thanks.

And, yes, there have been other reports of problems with the mono locale settings.