Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Support for WeatherFlow Smart Weatherstation

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

bthoven
Weather Station: WH24+Ecowitt GW1000/Tempest
Operating System: Windows 10/11/Debian/Ubuntu

Support for WeatherFlow Smart Weatherstation

Post by bthoven »

Sorry to dig this thread up. I recently got the latest model of Weatherflow, Tempest. Just want to know whether Cumulus MX plans to support this new weather sensor. Its web API seems straightforward.

If not, are there any workaround solutions?

Thanks
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Support for WeatherFlow Smart Weatherstation

Post by mcrossley »

No plans at present, especially as it does not appear to have a local API, you can only access the data from the server on internet.
Dinant
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 2012 R2

Post by Dinant »

mcrossley wrote: Fri 15 Jan 2021 3:08 pm No plans at present, especially as it does not appear to have a local API, you can only access the data from the server on internet.
The Tempest Hub is locally sending UDP packets. There is also an API reference at:
https://weatherflow.github.io/Tempest/api/udp.html
There is also a driver written in Python for Weewx.
See:
https://github.com/jjvdgeer/weatherflow-udp
I've got an Tempest weatherstation. It would be nice if CumulusMX could support it.
I cannot write the Tempest driver software but I want to offer testing the Tempest driver.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

OK, thanks for that info, it will still be a TODO list item though.
chescowx
Weather Station: Tempest
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by chescowx »

Dinant wrote: Fri 22 Jan 2021 6:56 pm
mcrossley wrote: Fri 15 Jan 2021 3:08 pm No plans at present, especially as it does not appear to have a local API, you can only access the data from the server on internet.
The Tempest Hub is locally sending UDP packets. There is also an API reference at:
https://weatherflow.github.io/Tempest/api/udp.html
There is also a driver written in Python for Weewx.
See:
https://github.com/jjvdgeer/weatherflow-udp
I've got an Tempest weatherstation. It would be nice if CumulusMX could support it.
I cannot write the Tempest driver software but I want to offer testing the Tempest driver.
I see Weather Display supports theTempest....not that I am a big fan of WD - just hoping Cumulus can come around to it some day...I can dream!
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

This is not an easy task guys.

For a developer to fully support any new model, They would need to own/test it with the software, otherwise they would be writing code blind for a user to test. Which is even more time consuming than owning a device and testing it themselves. All of this In addition of their own time spent on supporting current devices. Add that to the developers life, work, family etc, it’s a todo list with low priority unfortunately
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

+1

Steve came to the conclusion he would not add new stations unless he had access to the hardware - its just too time consuming without it.

The last two stations I added (Ecowitt GW1000 and Davis WLL), the hardware was supplied by the manufacturer or distributor for me to develop/test against - I ended up using the WLL full time. And a very kind donor sent me an Airlink - having hardware you will use yourself is a great incentive to get it working!
jokerboy
Weather Station: WeatherFlow Tempest
Operating System: Windows 10/Linux

Post by jokerboy »

Greetings all.

I've been doing some development work on adding WeatherFlow Tempest support within CumulusMX.

I'm to a point where I need some rain data to make sure that piece is working properly. We don't get much rain where I live so it could be months before I see any.

I'm looking for a few folks to beta test what I've done so far and provide logs for me so I can verify (or fix) the rain accumulation.

Send me a private message here if you're interested and I'll show you how to get setup.

Regards,

Doug
draqwerty
Weather Station: Weatherflow Tempest
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by draqwerty »

Hi Doug

I am interested in using CumulusMX with Weatherflow Tempest.

I'm too new to send private message. If you are still looking for testers let me know I am willing to help.

Regards
Jason