Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Default rain tip size (Davis weather stations)

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Werk_AG
Weather Station: WeatherDuino 4Pro
Operating System: Windows 7

Default rain tip size (Davis weather stations)

Post by Werk_AG »

Contrary to Cumulus1 which reads the type of the rain gauge (metric or imperial) from the value stored in console Eeprom, it seems that CumulusMX assumes a default value based on the units selected for rain. I'm wrong?
If I select mm each rain tip is multiplied by 0.2mm, but if I select in as unit, then each rain tip is automatically multiplied by 0.254mm.
There is any setting that we could add to Cumulus.ini to make CumulusMX count each rain tip as 0.2mm independently of the selected units?

This setting seems to not be effective with CumulusMX_
DavisRainCollectorModel=X
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Default rain tip size (Davis weather stations)

Post by steve »

MX uses VPrainGaugeType, see the MX announcement post, and the wiki entries for Cumulus.ini and Cumulus.ini (beta) for details and explanation (DavisRainCollectorModel mirrors a setting in the Davis DLL, which is not used by MX).
Steve
Werk_AG
Weather Station: WeatherDuino 4Pro
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Default rain tip size (Davis weather stations)

Post by Werk_AG »

Thank you Steve.
I confess that I forgot to first do a search on the MX announcement post.

Kind regards
Werk_AG