Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Upload extra sensor data to Wunderground

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

engolling
Weather Station: WH3080 + Custom Station
Operating System: Raspbian

Upload extra sensor data to Wunderground

Post by engolling »

Hello,
I would like to upload some extra data like soil temperature to wunderground with Cumulus MX.
I already tried to edit the cumulus.ini as described in this post https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 777#p95209, but it does not seem to work.
Is this feature implemented in MX, or am I doing something wrong.

Regards,
Stefan
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Upload extra sensor data to Wunderground

Post by steve »

The code is in MX, and I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Did you edit Cumulus.ini with MX stopped? If you turn on debug logging (and unset 'rapid fire' temporarily if you have that set) then the MXdiags file will show the string being sent to WU. Note that problems with WU uploads are often due to problems at WU, see other recent posts about this.

Silly question: You do actually have a Davis station, with a soil temperature sensor? Your forum profile says otherwise.
Steve
engolling
Weather Station: WH3080 + Custom Station
Operating System: Raspbian

Post by engolling »

Thank you for your quick answer.
I enabled debug logging and I send the following to wunderground:

Code: Select all

2017-03-15 19:50:00.606 http://weatherstation.wunderground.com/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?ID=IAUERBAC13&PASSWORD=********&dateutc=2017-03-15+18%3A50%3A00&winddir=348&windspeedmph=0.9&windgustmph=2.0&windspdmph_avg2m=0.9&winddir_avg2m=348&humidity=83&tempf=44.8&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.00&baromin=30.430&dewptf=40.0&UV=0.0&solarradiation=0&[b]soiltempf=40.0[/b]&softwaretype=Cumulus%20v3.0.0&action=updateraw
2017-03-15 19:50:02.160 WU Response: OK: success
This means for me the soil temperature is beeing sent to wu.

If I look on wunderground no soiltemp ist displayed. So it seems to be an issue with wu, I also checked the upload protocol documentation again and everything should work fine.
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... IAUERBAC13
Has anyone an idea what else could be wrong with my wu account?

Concerning the station - i have my selfmade station, emulating a Davis station for communication with cumulus.
Werk_AG
Weather Station: WeatherDuino 4Pro
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Werk_AG »

Has anyone an idea what else could be wrong with my wu account?
Perhaps there isn't anything wrong with your account, it's just a WU bug which seems to not affect everyone.
On the WU webpage, try to change the display units to ºF and you will see that your Soil Temperature will be shown correctly.

I reported this problem to WU some months ago, after some time (a month or so) I get a reply from them telling me that it could be a bug, but until now seems they haven't corrected it.
The freedom to choose the weather instruments you want