Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Bad dates in history

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

cirdan52
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspbian (jessie)

Bad dates in history

Post by cirdan52 »

I don't know where to look for this error but I'm getting one date and time for the records.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Bad dates in history

Post by steve »

As the problem apparently happened back in mid-August, it's probably going to be difficult to determine the cause. The first thing to check is whether the monthlyalltime.ini file actually has those dates for your July records (I suspect it does). Do any of your other months have suspect timestamps? When did you start using MX, and did you copy your data over from Cumulus 1?

The most likely explanation is that you started Cumulus up at that date and time in August, and it was unable to read the correct timestamps from the monthlyalltime.ini file for some reason. The timestamp gets reset to the current date and time. It's not a particularly useful thing to do, but it's difficult to do anything else. Cumulus doesn't actually get told that this has happened.
Steve
cirdan52

Post by cirdan52 »

Yes the monthlyalltime.ini has the wrong date (August 10). I started CumulusMX back in May so that isn't the problem, however I just recently moved the folder over to my Raspberry so it may have stemmed from there. I guess I am asking is how I correct the problem?
Last edited by cirdan52 on Wed 04 Nov 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I was just replying, but you appear to have edited the post and changed your mind about the monthlyalltime.ini file? It has the correct dates for the July sections (the ones ending in "...07]")?

If you copied the file between systems which have different date format ordering, e.g. one is mm/dd/yy and the other is dd/mm/yy, then the second system will get very confused over the dates.
Steve
cirdan52

Post by cirdan52 »

steve wrote:I was just replying, but you appear to have edited the post and changed your mind about the monthlyalltime.ini file? It has the correct dates for the July sections (the ones ending in "...07]")?

If you copied the file between systems which have different date format ordering, e.g. one is mm/dd/yy and the other is dd/mm/yy, then the second system will get very confused over the dates.

I had a backup so I just copied the good one over. I guess a question/confirmation. If you lose the monthlyalltime.ini, the program will not go and check your data and repopulate the values & dates.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

cirdan52 wrote:If you lose the monthlyalltime.ini, the program will not go and check your data and repopulate the values & dates.
No, that's what the editor is for in Cumulus 1 - to manually cause this to happen, when you want it to happen. MX doesn't have this yet.
Steve