Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Feel Like Temp on web site always shows 0.0; with sun, 255

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Freezeville
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

Feel Like Temp on web site always shows 0.0; with sun, 255

Post by Freezeville »

On my web site at http://home.myfairpoint.net/~jody2011/index.php the Feel Like Temp always says 0.0 and "Feel Like (with sun)" always says 255.0. I have found no other issues anywhere. This is on a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B running Raspbian (jessie). Site template is Weather Eden.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Feel Like Temp on web site always shows 0.0; with sun, 2

Post by steve »

You'll have to tell me how that figure is calculated (what data from Cumulus it uses and how it gets it) because it doesn't come directly from Cumulus.
Steve
Freezeville

Post by Freezeville »

I wish I knew! I didn't know it didn't come from Cumulus and it worked with Cumulus 1, but anyway I seem to have discovered another more important issue. My graphs aren't being updated. I started up Cumulus 1 to update them so they're not far behind right now but I saw that they hadn't updated since I started using Cumulus MX. I've looked everything over, replaced the files on the web server (manual FTP) and I can't see anything wrong anywhere but I'm wondering if perhaps there is something about the template I'm using that's not compatible with Cumulus MX, and more so now that you've said that the Feel Like Temp doesn't come from Cumulus. That template is of course from WeatherByYou. I know very little about HTML, PHP or any of that so I doubt if I can analyze it. I'm thinking perhaps the best way would be to simply use the web site that comes with Cumulus MX (unless the graphs not updating issue can be solved; I don't care that much about the Feel Like Temp but the graphs are more important). I'm attaching a zipped MXdiags folder but I don't really think the problem is to be found there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

MX doesn't generate those fixed image graphs, it creates them from data files, in the browser, like the ones you can see in the user interface. I'm pretty sure that users of Jacques's templates are using the MX graphs on their sites, but I can't tell you the best way to do it.
Steve
Freezeville

Post by Freezeville »

I think I'll contact him and see if he can tell me or point me to someone who is doing it. Thanks.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

It occurs to me that another way of doing this would be to use Mark's scripts for generating graphs which behave like the old Cumulus 1 image files - https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13189

The advantage of this is that it would require little or no change to the web page.
Steve