Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Data file group ownership on Raspberry PI

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

jrhilton
Weather Station: Custom build + old Oregon WMR88
Operating System: Windows 10 / Linux

Data file group ownership on Raspberry PI

Post by jrhilton »

Hi, I have 3.0 b3019 running on my raspberry pi, and I installed as follows:

FTP copy CumulusMX folder + files to user pi folder, all files were given permission 1000,1000 as expected.

Now I started up Cumulus and a few hours later I noted that all of the ini files in the data folder now had 0,0 as owner/group. I noticed this because I was trying to FTP over my historic data logs from my current setup (as FileZilla was not able to overwrite them as they were owned by root).

To get a round this the solution is to delete all files in the data folder and upload your historic data whileCumulusMX is not running.

Is this a bug that happens when the program is run for the first time as it doesn't seem to be changing the ownership again, though I will monitor it?

Just thought I would post this in case others have the same issue when copying their historic data over.
tumutbound
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Linux, Raspberry Pi (Wheezy)

Re: Data file group ownership on Raspberry PI

Post by tumutbound »

I would expect any file created by CumulusMX to be have an owner/group of root /root (0.0) as CumulusMX is run as root vie the sudo command.
My weather
CumulusMX (3036)
Raspberry Pi: Wheezy
FineOffset WH1081