Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Ecowitt battery levels

A Forum to archive Cumulus MX development suggestions that have been rejected or solved by other means.
liddelljs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1001
Operating System: RPi 3 Raspbian Buster

Ecowitt battery levels

Post by liddelljs »

Hi all,
I have two ecowitt GW1001 stations and just noticed on their recent update that battery monitoring for the wx sensors and additional sensors are displayed on the ecowitt web dashboard. Not sure how feasible or easy but it would be great if this data could be read by CMX and added as webtags.

Cheers
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Ecowitt battery levels

Post by mcrossley »

The problem is there a bazillion different batteries that *could* be reported. Cumulus rolls them up to a single status, if any are low the alarm and web tag is triggered. Some are binary good/bad, others provide a voltage reading.

If once you get the alert, you then enable debug logging all the battery status's are logged.

I see the Cumulus implementation of Ecowitt battery status more of a alert to go check the battery levels either via the app or web site.
liddelljs

Post by liddelljs »

Hi Mark,
Many thanks for the response. The approach sounds fine but I wasn't aware there was currently a webtag for the GW1000 that reported battery level. I have checked back through the wiki webtags and release notes but can only seem to find webtags that relate to the Davis stations. When I try to query #battery I get "error" and when I query #txbattery I get " ". Can you advise what the webtag is for the GW1000.

Thanks
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

For the GW1000 you will have to use the <#BatteryLowAlarm> tag, there isn't a battery tag as such.
liddelljs

Post by liddelljs »

Thanks Mark. Appreciate the feedback.

Cheers
Steve