Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

[Implemented] New Version Available message via Admin Interface

A Forum to archive Cumulus MX development suggestions that have been rejected or solved by other means.
radilly
Weather Station: Ambient WS-2080
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 3, OS Buster Lite

[Implemented] New Version Available message via Admin Interface

Post by radilly »

I appreciate that CMX alerts one that a new version is available. That's a nice feature when one intends to stay current. However, I only stumbled onto that information by accident when looking through ServiceConsoleLog.txt. (I'm guessing that is a result of using the -service flag, so I'm not sure where that goes otherwise.)

At any rate, if it showed up on the Admin page I'd have reacted much faster. I've not tinkered much with the indicators at the bottom of the page, but that could be a way to communicate this ... except that you may have to scroll down to see them.

I suppose a parameter to delay notification might be useful if one prefers to delay updating for x days ... just to avoid a late-breaking patch.

Cheers,
Bob
Cheers,
Bob
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: New Version Available message via Admin Interface

Post by PaulMy »

That message has been part of the CumuluMX start up text ( Windows / DOS screen ) for several months. I only use Windows so not sure where it displays for other OS.

I try to stay current by following Latest Cumulus MX release ...... on the Board index (home page) of the forum.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: New Version Available message via Admin Interface

Post by mcrossley »

A good idea, it would also need some means of dismissing or suppressing the messages. But this would be a lower priority change.