Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

[Rejected] WLL - Get Archive records from console

A Forum to archive Cumulus MX development suggestions that have been rejected or solved by other means.
iandrews
Weather Station: Davis Pro2
Operating System: Windows 2012R2

[Rejected] WLL - Get Archive records from console

Post by iandrews »

I want to move my Solar and UV sensors to a pole up on the roof and plug into the wind transmitter I have got. However to be able to access the solar / UV readings I either need to use the Moteino Relay device (that Mark wrote code for), or a WLL.

I have been playing around with the Moteino, and though I seem to have it working, I get re-syncs occasionally, and am worried that I may miss / loose data.

I like the ide of the WLL, but not the yearly subscription fee. The main reason for getting the subscription would be to read "archive" data if the Cumulus PC (or software) was down for any reason for a while.

Having already got a logger for the console, I was wondering if there was any way that cumulus could be set up for WLL for "live" data, but use the console to read "archive" data on start up. That way a WLL pro subscription wouldn't be required.

One way to do it manually would be to see what the difference there is in the cumulus ini file for when it's configured for a WLL vs the console. And set the ini file for the console on start up after a period of cumulus being down, read the archive data from it, and then after shut down cumulus and put the ini file back for the WLL and start up again to then read live data from the WLL.

I'm probably in a minority here, but it's just a suggestion: WLL - live data, console - Archive data.

Ian.

(by the way, I already read data from the console Via a IP as I use a Meteobridge, so it may just be something as simple as changing the IP from the WLL to Meteobridge back to WLL again).
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: WLL - Get Archive records from console

Post by mcrossley »

A nice idea, but much easier to say than implement :(

And if you wanted to switch manually then you would have the change the Station Type as well as the IP address.

Interestingly, Davis have not given a flat "NO" to adding local access to the WLL logger data*, they have said they will consider adding it. So eventually we *may* get that access - which would be a huge improvement I think.

*it logs readings internally every archive interval you set on WL.com - but there is currently no way of accessing that data