Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

[Implemented] Alarm threshold - Data lost

A Forum to archive Cumulus MX development suggestions that have been rejected or solved by other means.
liddelljs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1001
Operating System: RPi 3 Raspbian Buster

[Implemented] Alarm threshold - Data lost

Post by liddelljs »

Hi all,
If I understand the alarm threshold and latch correctly, the threshold determines how many alarm events need to be activated within the threshold period before a notification is sent. I get the occasional data connection lost error on one of my stations (probably low wifi signal between the sensors and GW1000 as best I can determine) but it always picks up again after one or two alarms. It would be nice to be able to set a threshold value for the these alarms (Sensor contact lost, Data connection lost) so these intermittent errors are ignored. It might also be good to add low battery alarms to this list as I have noticed battery levels fall and rise slightly on my Ecowitt moisture sensor and it may trigger multiple alarms if this change happens around the alarm point.
This is a great feature btw - has trapped several real errors on my stations and notified me of some extreme weather events (high wind). I know the Ecowitt lightning sensors are a bit more specific to a station type, but the ability to alarm on lightning close by would be nice. Probably not a huge priority as I can get this from the Ecowitt dashboard page.

Cheers
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Alarm threshold - Data lost

Post by mcrossley »

As it happens I was having to add a fix for the Alarm threshold counts in the next release. So I added the threshold counts to Sensor Contact Lost, Low Battery, and Data Stopped whilst I was at it. :)
liddelljs
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1001
Operating System: RPi 3 Raspbian Buster

Re: Alarm threshold - Data lost

Post by liddelljs »

Cheers Mark - much appreciated.

Steve