Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

[Implemented] Request for Interface accessibility changes

A Forum to archive Cumulus MX development suggestions that have been rejected or solved by other means.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

[Implemented] Request for Interface accessibility changes

Post by freddie »

I'm submitting this request for user mdlawler who is blind and has problems posting to the forum using screen reading software:

1. I can tell the state of the settings as collapsed or expanded, but the individual items within a category like internet settings web ftp site or web ftp settings do not indicate this. Could they be changed to work like the settings button?
2. could the tables under web ftp settings interval settings and realtime settings be changed to work like the table under extra web files so that they are accessible?
3. Could a feature be added to send an email when there is a Cumulus update. When it is running as a service it would be helpful as it would notify the user of an update.
Freddie
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Request for Interface accessibility changes

Post by mcrossley »

Items 1 and 2: I am pretty much at the mercy of how Alpca forms implements the settings pages for Program, Station, Internet, Extra Sensors, Calibration, NOAA, and MySQL . The only control I have is through the associated JSON configuration files that drive Alpca. The documentation for Alpca is here, there is no direct mention of accessibility features that I can see.

Without know the exact issues it is hard to see if any improvement can be made. Would it be possible to upload a video or something that showed the problems?

Item 3: SMTP support is on the ToDo list, but from what I see there is trend for gateways to be shutdown - GMail for instance now disables it by default, and you have to go in to the security configuration an enable "Less secure apps".
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Request for Interface accessibility changes

Post by mcrossley »

Having worked with Michael for while I believe he is generally now happy with the dashboard interface. I'll close this request.