Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

AirLink Davis en WeatherCloud Plus

Please DO NOT use this to publish your entire wish. This Forum is for specific suggestions to enhance the usability of Cumulus MX for all users, NOT your personal requirements. Please check this forum and the rejected forum to make sure you are NOT posting a DUPLICATE suggestion. It will be heavily monitored by Admin and Mark Crossley to determine the feasibility and the difficulty of the suggestion. Those Topics that are deemed inadmissible will moved to the rejected Forum. The remaining Topics will be the Accepted list of future developments, and when our voluntary development group adds it to a build, the build number will be added to the Topic title.
BSantiago
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: Windows 10

AirLink Davis en WeatherCloud Plus

Post by BSantiago »

Hello.

WeatherCloud cannot display my AirLink Davis data in my Plus account
They tell me about WeatherCloud the following:

"Hello BSantiago,
Thank you very much for using Weathercloud and for upgrading to the Plus plan.
Tell you that it is necessary for the Cumulus MX software to send us the air quality data recorded by AirLink so that we can display it on Weathercloud.
To do this, the software developer must add the additional air quality variables in the data frame that is sent to our platform.
All the best,"

Muchas gracias, McCrossley
BSantiago

Re: AirLink Davis en WeatherCloud Plus

Post by BSantiago »

II do not know if this will have any relationshipImage
https://mega.nz/file/kAwjUYxY#moYePLqHM ... sGDsD6XEK8

On my PC I see perfectly all the data and graphics of the AirLink
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Have you entered your AirLink IP address into the configuration? Sometimes the discovery protocol is blocked by router or firewall restrictions.
Do you see the AirLink data on the Cumulus MX dashboard Extra Sensors | AirLink Sensors?

WeatherCloud do not seem to publish their upload protocol for some reason, I really do not understand why some sites do this, do they think there is security in obscurity? :bash:
BSantiago

Post by BSantiago »

Yes, I see all the AirLink data correctly on the dash, in extra sensors and in graphs. I have entered the AirLink IP correctly. I think the Weather Cloud interface may not be ready to display air quality data, although it claims it is. However, when starting MX, it always tells me "Failed to discover any AirLink devices" although then everything works correctly and normally.
Werk_AG
Weather Station: WeatherDuino 4Pro
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Werk_AG »

BSantiago wrote: Thu 01 Apr 2021 9:08 am
Thank you very much for using Weathercloud and for upgrading to the Plus plan.
Tell you that it is necessary for the Cumulus MX software to send us the air quality data recorded by AirLink so that we can display it on Weathercloud.
To do this, the software developer must add the additional air quality variables in the data frame that is sent to our platform.
For the software developers be able to add those additional air quality variables in the data frame, they need to know the name of those variables, which seems to be a secret.
On the minimal WeatherCloud upload API documentation, I can't find a single word about Air Quality. It should exist, at least the Pro accounts show a nice page for Air Quality, unfortunately empty of data.

mcrossley wrote: WeatherCloud do not seem to publish their upload protocol for some reason, I really do not understand why some sites do this, do they think there is security in obscurity?
Fully agree with you. I can't understand why they not publish the full upload protocol.
The freedom to choose the weather instruments you want
BSantiago

Post by BSantiago »

WeatherCloud says:

Hello Bernardo,
Thank you very much for the information.
If the developer has any questions, he can contact us and we will be happy to help him in the implementation of the new air quality variables.

(Hola Bernardo,

Muchas gracias por la información.

Si el desarrollador tiene cualquier duda puede ponerse en contacto con nosotros y estaremos encantados de ayudarle en la implementación de las nuevas variables de calidad del aire.

Un saludo,)
Werk_AG

Post by Werk_AG »

BSantiago wrote: Mon 05 Apr 2021 9:39 am WeatherCloud says:

Hello Bernardo,
Thank you very much for the information.
If the developer has any questions, he can contact us and we will be happy to help him in the implementation of the new air quality variables.
I'm waiting for several days for them to send me that information. Even having a PRO account, supposedly with priority support :groan:
By trial an error I already found all the Air Quality variable names, except for the Air Quality Index. But things should not happen that way.

By the way the Air Quality page is quite disappointing. The scales on the gauges aren't realistic (0 to 2000 ug/m3) and they seem to be fixed. Even worse is the AQ Index gauge, without a reference to the AQI standard in use (sent or user configurable) the colours on the gauge doesn't make any sense. Its just numbers on some gauges. Very poor! Maybe that explains why the AQ page can't be seen by anyone except the account owner. :evil:
Werk_AG

Post by Werk_AG »

WC_ExtraVars.JPG
This picture is from an WeatherCloud page, so I'm not disclosing anything from their ultra secret upload API documentation.

None of the Extra tab vars seems to be working, no matter ending them with a number or not (soilmoist01, tempagro01)
On the Air Quality tab, all vars seem to work, except (aqi) :bash: .

My intention was to add to WeatherDuino software, full support for the WeatherCloud features (mean, also include those only available on paid accounts), but for now, and due to lack of response, I give up!
Seems they aren't happy with my attempts to help them to make money.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BSantiago

Post by BSantiago »

As is well known, European air quality standards are those that can be seen on this website. Weather Cloud (and everyone in Europe) should keep them in mind.

https://airindex.eea.europa.eu/Map/AQI/Viewer/#

and:

https://www.eea.europa.eu/themes/data-a ... -under-the
Werk_AG

Post by Werk_AG »

WC_AQI.JPG
Fully agree.

For me the gauge above is just a colourful gauge. I can't see on the colour bands any correspondence with the colors used by any of the most used AQI standards in the world. This only introduces confusion.

Latelly I have been working hard on this matter, and don't remember having saw seven color bands on any AQI Standard.

I only can imagine one reason for they being using that colours and those strange PM scales (0 to 2000 ug/m3): The Air Quality page is there just for... marketing purposes. Sorry WeatherCloud, you have the tools and knowledge to do a lot better than that.

WC_PM25.JPG
This should be useful to display PM2.5 measurements on a highly polluted space (indoor, I hope), but for outdoor measurements, specially in rural zones, the pointer hardly moves.
A value of 34 for PM2.5 already mean something that isn't a good air quality, but for the pointer on this PM2.5 gauge seems a very very low value.

Just a note:
Before writing any of these personal observations, on any forum, firstly I addressed many of them to WeatherCloud support. No answer up to now. It would be interesting know their point of view about this matter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The AQI is the USA EPA scale - fixed, no option to use any other standard :(
BSantiago

Post by BSantiago »

AirLink sensors at the moment also do not meet current European standards. They offer different scales, options, but not this one.
In my case, I am only in the free trial period of a Plus account. I intended to improve the account, but I think I will cancel it if I don't see improvements in the next few days.
Thank you very much mcrossley, Werk_AG
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

tbh its not worth paying weathercloud any money for you own data.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

Werk_AG

Post by Werk_AG »

mcrossley wrote: Tue 06 Apr 2021 8:18 am The AQI is the USA EPA scale - fixed, no option to use any other standard :(
I can be wrong but I think it not even is USA EPA.
More commonly USA-EPA is represented using only six colour bands, while, the last two colour band with very similar colour are concatenated in just one (AQ Index from > 300 ). However I'm aware of rare uses of a seven colours scale.

I think uploading the AQ Index is completely unnecessary, what they should do, is have an user configurable setting, where the user defines the AQ Standard he wants (for more rigour, maybe something else to define the average (1H, 12H etc) of the PM2.5 and PM.10 data sent. Then, its easy to calculate the AQ Index for the user defined standard on the fly based on the PM2.5 and PM10 data sent. Do it doesn't seem to require large resources on their servers.

Yes, I'm felling cheated by WeatherCloud, some members of the WeaterDuino development team had bought Pro accounts, and nothing of the extra features seems to be working. No Soil Moisture Temperature data, no Leaf Weatness, not even any of the Extra Temperatures they call tempxx (temp01, temp02, etc), even worse, no answer to our questions (waiting for more than 5 days).
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

I am astounded to find that you cannot see your air quality sensor on weathercloud without paying?!

I can understand a lot of features being locked, a bit like WeatherLink, but you're still able to view the current AirLink data..

I mean, weathercloud allows you to enable the solar radiation sensor, if you have one. Ludicrous not to show air quality.