Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

UTC time in monthly logs

Please DO NOT use this to publish your entire wish. This Forum is for specific suggestions to enhance the usability of Cumulus MX for all users, NOT your personal requirements. Please check this forum and the rejected forum to make sure you are NOT posting a DUPLICATE suggestion. It will be heavily monitored by Admin and Mark Crossley to determine the feasibility and the difficulty of the suggestion. Those Topics that are deemed inadmissible will moved to the rejected Forum. The remaining Topics will be the Accepted list of future developments, and when our voluntary development group adds it to a build, the build number will be added to the Topic title.
facchetz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Linux

UTC time in monthly logs

Post by facchetz »

Hi there, I'm Daniel from Italy. I use CumulusMX for a few weather stations and a problem I noticed is the time in the monthly log files. I use these files for a centralized database of all the weather stations of a association (www.meteopassione.com). On the Raspberry Pi the time is setted to local time (GMT+1 with daylight savings time) so the problem is that in the log files in the time change days there were some problems... I can't change the time on the Raspberry because of the crontab and so on... Could you consider to make an option to save the time in log file in UTC?

Thank you so much and congratulations for the excellent work done so far, especially for the linux version of the software!
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: UTC time in monthly logs

Post by mcrossley »

The next major version of Cumulus will probably change the log files slightly. The text date/time will remain in local time for backwards compatibility, but the proposal is to add an additional Unix timestamp value, which of course is always in UTC.
facchetz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Linux

Post by facchetz »

Hi mrcrossley, good idea! Do you know when this major release will come out?
rogerthn
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000/GW1003
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS bullseye aarch64

Post by rogerthn »

facchetz wrote: Fri 17 Dec 2021 9:22 pm ... On the Raspberry Pi the time is setted to local time (GMT+1 with daylight savings time) so the problem is that in the log files in the time change days there were some problems...
I did have similar problems on a Raspberry Pi running Domoticz, missing/duplicated hours.
I did ended up setting time to UTC on the RPI and in MariaDB I do have UTC and CONVERT_TZ(LastUpdateUTC, 'UTC', 'Europe/Stockholm') :D
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

facchetz wrote: Wed 22 Dec 2021 12:11 pm Hi mrcrossley, good idea! Do you know when this major release will come out?
Next year, maybe!

Running your rPi in UTC is a solution a few people use.