Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release 3.9.1 (build 3096) - 31 October 2020 (please see announcement regarding releases since 3.5.0)
Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of the NOAA report and Snow Index drop-down menus to 2030)

Use this Wiki link to Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items).

Current Conditions

Discussion of the Weather34 web site template

Moderators: saratogaWX, weatherist34

The Dalek Hunter
Weather Station: Vantage Pro 2, WeatherLink Live
Operating System: Raspberry Pi Os and Windows 10

Current Conditions

Post by The Dalek Hunter »

Hi

I have just set up my site. I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus and a Davis WeatherLink Live

https://m0xgp.co.uk/cumulus

and I am having trouble with Current Conditions. I registered and got my CheckWX Metar API KEY but the Metar Station near to me - Holbeach - does not seem to give forecasts (TAF??)

I do not have a Dark Sky API key.

I noticed there was a PHP file called currentconditionsmetar34davis.php so I renamed this to currentconditionsmetar34.php and I now get current conditions I presume being read directly from my station. The only thing missing as you can see is "Average Temperature Last Hour"

Advice please

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 20.04 LXC

Re: Current Conditions

Post by freddie »

The Dalek Hunter wrote:
Tue 17 Nov 2020 9:00 am
the Metar Station near to me - Holbeach - does not seem to give forecasts (TAF??)
Correct. Holbeach is an air weapons range not an airfield, so it doesn't have a TAF provided. It does have a range forecast (RAFOR) though, which is syntactically identical to a TAF.
Freddie

The Dalek Hunter

But if I choose Holbeach I get Current Conditions but nothing under hourly forecast - is this correct or can it be fixed?

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 20.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Yes, you will get current conditions. I don't know how the code works for retrieving forecasts but I would hazard a guess that it retrieves TAFs only, and not RAFORs. Perhaps you could choose a nearby location that supplies TAFs, such as Marham (EGYM) or Coningsby (EGXC)?
Freddie

The Dalek Hunter

Not sure what I have done now but whatever Metar Station Code I enter there is now no data under Current Conditions at all!!
I have even tried the Heathrow Airport Code!!
I am certain my Metar API key is correct

I will delete everything and start again!!