Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Updating Weather34 to latest version

Discussion of the Weather34 web site template

Moderators: saratogaWX, weatherist34

Chapel
Weather Station: Instromet
Operating System: Raspbian

Updating Weather34 to latest version

Post by Chapel »

I am running a version of Weather34 from mid 2018 and would like to upgrade to the latest version, but without losing the current data I have such a rainfall. Is there a document detailing the migration and which files to update/leave well alone?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Updating Weather34 to latest version

Post by PaulMy »

It is recommended that you start with a new install https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/HomeW ... onTemplate
I rename my old version folder on webserver /pws-old and leave it until the new version is working as expected. I then FTP all the Weather34 files and folders to a new /pws folder. The zip includes a README file to help with the install and setup.

I have found that the easiest is to run both versions in a browser and have their Settings page side by side. Then in each of the fields of the new version setup I enter or copy and paste from the previous version page.

Most of the setup fields will be the same or similar but there may be some additions to the current version so following EACH step on the new setup page will make sure you have all the setups completed, then Save. I can't recall if there were any new external sites included between your version and the latest, but the set up will show where you can get a new API if that is needed. Really quite easy and only takes a few minutes to set up.

The path to the Cumulus realtime.txt is crucial to get the correct current conditions from Cumulus.
The historical data comes from your Weather Underground site as entered in the settings page so no lost historical data by updating.

Enjoy,
Paul
www.komokaweather.com/pws
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Chapel

Post by Chapel »

Thank you Paul, it all looks to be working correctly right now and I have both the old and new look Weather34 running side by side and will leave both running for a few days before I swap over to the new look.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Great that you have it running.

I presume you are aware that the settings has options on what actually is displayed in several of the box frames, as I see some are the same and others are different in your two versions.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Chapel

Post by Chapel »

Yes,I am just trying a few different settings to get the look that covers what I can output. There are a few fields I do not have data for such as lightening and home environment so I am slightly limited as to what I can replace them with.
/d