Welcome to the new home of the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See the Wiki for download

Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Discussion of the Weather34 web site template

Moderator: weatherist34

weatherist34
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: OSX High Sierra

Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Post by weatherist34 » Mon 03 Sep 2018 5:52 pm

Hello a new thread in its own new section the old thread has become too large to digest any info .

Current Cumulus version 19th September 2018 is now available via https://www.linksysinfo.org/weather34/CU.zip

.new setup screen theme
.new daylight module includes a new script and display of azimuth/elevation new sun position icon script position based on elevation output. the script is a modified version of https://github.com/KiboOst/php-sunPos.tested for last 4-5 weeks it is important your lat lon ,timezone is correct.
.new weatherflow option for those wanting to use Lightning,UV,SOLAR in conjuction with existing hardware.*note this data comes
from the weatherflow API and limited to 1 minute interval updates as set by weatherflow .if you wish to have more data displayed from your weatherflow hardware alongside your existing hardware please drop an email not PM..

some screenshots below and download is currently at https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

likelihood download will move to a new server in October.

template screenshot

weatherflow setup and login screenshot

Lightning,UV,Daylight screenshot

brian

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2+ w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Post by PaulMy » Mon 03 Sep 2018 7:26 pm

Thanks Brian,
Not yet modified but working here http://www.komokaweather.com/pws-new-20180903/

Enjoy,
Paul

weatherist34

Post by weatherist34 » Tue 04 Sep 2018 2:06 am

hello paul nice to hear from you again , i see your using wifi logger with it ..is this a standard output from that device or specifically cumulus.. i have a few requests in last few weeks but i was under the impression there was no realtime.txt file or type .is this something identical for all outputs . i see there is a json file also but looking at the data generated i was very confused on some of the data values ..it would be nice to support it but if it involves lots of rewriting template it is unlikely i can do anything in such a short period currently not looking beyond october so ..brian

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2+ w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Post by PaulMy » Tue 04 Sep 2018 2:37 am

Hi Brian,
This is still a work in progress and both are intended as the standard files to be ftp by WiFiLogger. The json format is still to be finalized.

Enjoy,
Paul

weatherist34

Post by weatherist34 » Tue 04 Sep 2018 3:09 am

PaulMy wrote:Hi Brian,
This is still a work in progress and both are intended as the standard files to be ftp by WiFiLogger. The json format is still to be finalized.

Enjoy,
Paul
ok paul well if you dont mind keep us updated and if the logger works fine with cumulus then all should be fine going forward, the json file looks a complete mess hopefully it will have some documentation in the future without it it would be very very confusing.. thanks for the info and if your wondering why im awake at this unearthly hour bitten by mosquitoes in the night so itching like mad :cry: .. brian

ConligWX
Operating System: Debian 9.5 Stretch

Post by ConligWX » Tue 04 Sep 2018 11:23 am

Thanks for the update Brian.

I've updated mine and amended the footer on xtracharts and wxcharts so they are the same and then index footer too.

can you tell me where the xtrachart data comes from? what files?
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS Templates

weatherist34

Post by weatherist34 » Tue 04 Sep 2018 5:37 pm

Toxic17 wrote:Thanks for the update Brian.

I've updated mine and amended the footer on xtracharts and wxcharts so they are the same and then index footer too.

hello

i should have removed those two files and xtracharts folder some time ago , they were just originally added just to help others create there own pages
, i never added them to be regularly maintained so i have removed them today however if you found em useful and have a copy you can always add them in the menu.

xtracharts was probably my old 2017 files there is a folder or was called xtracharts..

brian

Steepleian
Weather Station: Ambient WS-1001
Operating System: Debian 9

Post by Steepleian » Tue 04 Sep 2018 11:23 pm

Simon,

The xtracharts data comes from Weather Underground yearly file. In the extracharts folder its just demo data eg 2017.txt, but you can point the charts to the chartswudata folder for real data. Alternatively generate CSV files in the Weather Underground format from your database as I am doing with mine. See here: - https://claydonsweather.org.uk/xtracharts.php

Ian

weatherist34

Post by weatherist34 » Wed 05 Sep 2018 4:40 am

Steepleian wrote:

Simon,

The xtracharts data comes from Weather Underground yearly file. In the extracharts folder its just demo data eg 2017.txt, but you can point the charts to the chartswudata folder for real data. Alternatively generate CSV files in the Weather Underground format from your database as I am doing with mine. See here: - https://claydonsweather.org.uk/xtracharts.php

Ian
hello Ian if you ever get time in the future what is the chance of doing a write up of how you implemented weewx .it is something probably two or three times a month i get asked for often point them to your page but i have no knowledge of weewx software so i politely avoid getting involved, but with mass of weatherflow coming available last couple of months it is something that would be useful for others going forward.. if it is a complicated thing then ill take that as a hint to avoid ..brian

Steepleian

Post by Steepleian » Wed 05 Sep 2018 8:28 am

weatherist34 wrote:
hello Ian if you ever get time in the future what is the chance of doing a write up of how you implemented weewx .it is something probably two or three times a month i get asked for often point them to your page but i have no knowledge of weewx software so i politely avoid getting involved, but with mass of weatherflow coming available last couple of months it is something that would be useful for others going forward.. if it is a complicated thing then ill take that as a hint to avoid ..brian

Hello Brian,
The first thing to say if I can do it, its not that complicated! As I have said many times before I am not a natural at this stuff and have relied on help and suggestions from many people in this community including yourself. I am very happy to be able to give something back. Apart from a write up I am quite happy to maintain a modified version of your template. The way in which I have it setup, the moment you release an update for the Cumulus version, it takes me about 5minutes to have mine up and running.

I simplistically view WeeWX in the way I use is like an open source Meteobridge without a fancy GUI as much is done from the CLI. Anybody who has managed to get WeeWX working can get it working easily with your CU version. The key is that WeeWX can generate a fully Cumulus compatible realtime.txt file. It is also very easy to get template files to generate .json files from the WeeWX database to drive the JSCanvas charts or indeed more sophisticated zoomable Highcharts.

Until I get the write up done (retirement is a very busy complicated place to be in), I am quite happy for you to point people in my direction on a one-to-one basis.

Finally can you help me on a different point. If you have a look at my website on the the solar/cloudbase/panel. The link to the uvindex.php pop-up. There appears to be some mi-alignment of some of the fields in the four boxes. I have been trying to fix it without success.

Many thanks,

Ian

weatherist34

Post by weatherist34 » Wed 05 Sep 2018 8:54 am

hello Ian thats awesome news and I think going forward it will be of great interest to weewx users who unfortunately have had to put with my polite sorry cant help responses.

I wont the bore the pants off you with this i hope but by mid october I just hope what ever version is for cumulus and hopefully ironed out all the little teething issues mostly different hardware capabilities not cumulus capability that seems so solid in terms of realtime.txt , just what I get a lot is some have certain capabilities and others dont or have hardware that is not present in cumulus.

So if you can do something between now and then it would be fantastic i would add a link on the download page to wherever it resides . I have one release coming out later its something i started a couple months ago when i dropped the meteoalarm scripts due to some issues or not supported worldwide so I have done this as an alternative its not fantastic but its something for awareness and is not region restricted.lets talk soon if possible via email..brian

Steepleian

Post by Steepleian » Wed 05 Sep 2018 9:14 am

weatherist34 wrote:hello Ian thats awesome news and I think going forward it will be of great interest to weewx users who unfortunately have had to put with my polite sorry cant help responses.

I wont the bore the pants off you with this i hope but by mid october I just hope what ever version is for cumulus and hopefully ironed out all the little teething issues mostly different hardware capabilities not cumulus capability that seems so solid in terms of realtime.txt , just what I get a lot is some have certain capabilities and others dont or have hardware that is not present in cumulus.

So if you can do something between now and then it would be fantastic i would add a link on the download page to wherever it resides . I have one release coming out later its something i started a couple months ago when i dropped the meteoalarm scripts due to some issues or not supported worldwide so I have done this as an alternative its not fantastic but its something for awareness and is not region restricted.lets talk soon if possible via email..brian

Hello Brian,

That's very interesting regarding the warnings. You have probably noticed that I have continued to use the Meteoalarm warnings alongside you own advisory.php as I always found very useful. I am actually getting the Meteoalarm alerts via a Weatherunderground API (courtesy of David Marshall who worked it out. He is also responsible for the Astro Events pop-up on my website). Obviously this does not work for the rest of the world but there is a similar WU API that works with USA warnings.

Allied to that, for current conditions I am switching between webcam by day and the regular panel by night. Using a very clunky cron to toggle at sunrise and sunset at the moment until I can work out how to do it with PHP.

Regarding WeeWX version of template, I can probably host the build myself, just need to experiment to see what the load would be like on my server.

Ian

weatherist34

Post by weatherist34 » Wed 05 Sep 2018 11:03 am

ok Ian you decide no rush on what suits you best if you are up for it .

wunderground is a big no no for me , when they published no more new user api KEYS a few months ago that was it for me as there is no way to cater for new users going forward however i understand if your current api key works fine then its not a problem.unless anything changed in those terms im reluctant to revert back.. as for meteoalarm problem is its regional and doesnt offer any benefit to anyone outside of the EU as it is a EU sponsored service. so think ahead on that one if you know what I mean .. that is why you see Israel and not turkey and surrounding non eu countries..

my advice is stick to universal options but I do understand certain data is readily available to others but it always creates an headache in terms of scripts .

anyway sorry i didnt respond to your css alignment issue , i will take a look when i get chance have you modified it at all if not i can help you ..brian

Steepleian

Post by Steepleian » Wed 05 Sep 2018 1:23 pm

weatherist34 wrote:ok Ian you decide no rush on what suits you best if you are up for it .

wunderground is a big no no for me , when they published no more new user api KEYS a few months ago that was it for me as there is no way to cater for new users going forward however i understand if your current api key works fine then its not a problem.unless anything changed in those terms im reluctant to revert back.. as for meteoalarm problem is its regional and doesnt offer any benefit to anyone outside of the EU as it is a EU sponsored service. so think ahead on that one if you know what I mean .. that is why you see Israel and not turkey and surrounding non eu countries..

my advice is stick to universal options but I do understand certain data is readily available to others but it always creates an headache in terms of scripts .

anyway sorry i didnt respond to your css alignment issue , i will take a look when i get chance have you modified it at all if not i can help you ..brian
I understand your concerns about WU as I have had them as well (although it does seem that they are behaving very nicely at the moment). To be clear I was never intending to use my heavily adapted version of your CU template as the basis of a WE version, it will based on your default standard for CU and any mods that you may or not make in the future. The mods I make to my own website are my personal preference and I know are not to everybody's' taste. At heart I am a 'tinkerman', I just like to play around and that's how I learn to do things!

Concerning the CSS alignment issue, I have made no mods to the uvindex.php file, its straight out of the box and I have seen the same thing happening on other peoples sites.

Thanks,
Ian

weatherist34

Post by weatherist34 » Wed 05 Sep 2018 1:46 pm

Steepleian wrote:
weatherist34 wrote:ok Ian you decide no rush on what suits you best if you are up for it .

I understand your concerns about WU as I have had them as well (although it does seem that they are behaving very nicely at the moment). To be clear I was never intending to use my heavily adapted version of your CU template as the basis of a WE version, it will based on your default standard for CU and any mods that you may or not make in the future. The mods I make to my own website are my personal preference and I know are not to everybody's' taste. At heart I am a 'tinkerman', I just like to play around and that's how I learn to do things!

Concerning the CSS alignment issue, I have made no mods to the uvindex.php file, its straight out of the box and I have seen the same thing happening on other peoples sites.

Thanks,
Ian

ian can show me a screenshot im on your just now and i cant see exactly what anomaly is

screenshot
cl.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.