Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release v3.4.6 (build 3070) - 23 March 2020
Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014

See the Wiki for downloading either version.

Weather34 Console Version is there any demand?

Discussion of the Weather34 web site template

Moderators: saratogaWX, weatherist34

wxthomson
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Win 7

Re: Weather34 Console Version is there any demand?

Post by wxthomson » Sat 29 Feb 2020 2:54 am

Count me in as well!

Not using now but I really like the look and layout.

I'm going to start using it.

weatherist34
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: OSX High Sierra

Post by weatherist34 » Sun 01 Mar 2020 8:51 am

Hello

unfortunately I have decided not to proceed . Having spent sometime this morning and coming to the conclusion the realtime.txt doesn't offer the same or similar amount of data used in the metoebridge. your can see from the screenshot how bare the cumulus version looks in comparison .Therefore I think it is a non starter and doesn't offer any advantage over the current offerings of templates readily available. This design was put together for use on tablets low cost OEM displays, old iPad's, windows tablets etc as a display to mount somewhere .
Think if you compare the screenshot you can see the limitation of the realtime.txt compared to the MBrealtimeupload.txt .Not being a cumulus software user I am not knowledgeable enough or familiar of its capabilities so I sincerely apologize and no point in myself or wasting peoples time in going ahead .

so sorry It was an idea and hence original post it would need some collaboration with the actual software developers of cumulus.. I don't have any windows based computers or linux or any virtual pc capability and I don't own or have Davis logger I just use the NANOSD which simply inserts to the VP2 CONSOLE and does it magic without any need of computer or a middle man..

sincerely sorry..

comparison screenshot after slimming it down to a realtime.txt output capability ..

HansR
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2+
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (Buster)

Post by HansR » Sun 01 Mar 2020 11:46 am

Maybe less numbers make the display more useable?
Why nog have both: the full version and the more practical slim version.
I also tried out the template but thought it too unreadable.
Impressive but too much data, like a plane cockpit with too many meters and handles.

So a slim version might work as well.
https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl / Cumulus (3.4.3 b3067)
Davis Vantage Pro 2+ / Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) / 4.19.97-v7+ armv7l
Mono JIT compiler version 6.8.0.105 (tarball Tue Feb 4 21:51:48 UTC 2020)

grwkak
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by grwkak » Sun 01 Mar 2020 11:50 am

I like that idea. I edited the html files for the original MX console and created my own version - but for me, with limited HTML/CSS knowledge, it was a stretch. A simple console with the basics (temp, humidity, wind chill, rainfall, wind speed) I would like. I use this for a quick glance at the conditions outside.

Guy

beskidus
Weather Station: Conrad Ws-0101
Operating System: windows 10

Post by beskidus » Sun 01 Mar 2020 1:45 pm

It's a pity, the charts look promising..

weatherist34
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: OSX High Sierra

Post by weatherist34 » Sat 07 Mar 2020 3:41 pm

beskidus wrote:
Sun 01 Mar 2020 1:45 pm
It's a pity, the charts look promising..
hello sorry for the long delay in responding.. unfortunately its not going to happen too much confusion already my enthusiasm dropped off after realizing the wd version i kindly handed over has caused a bit of confusion with the version i handed over too ken true . however that said nothing i can do about that ,it is done now and i just feel releasing another just creates more confusion so best use what is out there already , i also think the template mentioned in a cumulus thread is the best way to go bcjkiwi i think its very clean on appearance and responsive from what i saw the other day .. take a look at it viewtopic.php?f=28&p=138273#p138273 if i was using cumulus it would suit my needs
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17845

worth noting im not that familiar with cumulus itself so the best stuff i think comes from actual cumulus users themselves as they know what the capabilities are.. tina has good design layout and that probably comes from using and knowing what cumulus can do.. have fun brian..