Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

I'll show you mine........(interface)

Share your Cumulus MX user interface here

Moderator: mcrossley

duke

I'll show you mine........(interface)

Post by duke »

While I am very impressed with the stability of CMX for a beta release and really appreciate all of Steve's continued R&D and devotion to Cumulus, I wanted a slightly 'brighter' interface. Now that Steve has given us a browser based GUI of course this is a simple thing to customise however you want.

While mine (I am sure) is not to every ones taste, it is an example of what can be achieved in just a few minutes.

With that said, if you're going to give it a go, back up your CSS and templates first as as usual, and, if you break it you fix it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
john09cw
Weather Station: Maplin N96GY
Operating System: Raspberry Pi/Windows 11

Re: I'll show you mine........(interface)

Post by john09cw »

Looks great, never thought of doing that may have a go myself.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Nice job - that does look good.
Steve
duke

Post by duke »

Thank you Steve.

I'm wondering perhaps there could be a separate section to the CMX forum where users could post shots of their interface and eventually create themes and post the required CSS / templates / images etc???
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

There could indeed, and this is now the first thread in it.
Steve
duke

Post by duke »

steve wrote:There could indeed, and this is now the first thread in it.
Thank you 8-)
duke

Post by duke »

One thing crossed my mind, when you install a new version of CMX make sure you have a back up of your modified 'interface' directory or else all your hard work will be lost :o

Any changes that Steve makes to the .html files (more data, js links etc) will also have to be incorporated into your new scheme.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Yep, until MX reaches a 'released' state I'd count on things being fairly dynamic - you never know Steve may pick up ideas from this forum section and incorporate them back in the standard interface.
Palmyweather
Weather Station: W1081
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by Palmyweather »

I did a small amount of tweaking on my Cumulus MX display as well. Although still using the white text on black background (which looks very smart), adding a background image has made the look feel brighter. Adding a transparent alpha channel to the dash board ('dash-unit' within the file main.css) allows for background image to flow through as well. One other minor tweak I did was increase the size of the forecast so it stands out more clearly.

I am sure many others will start developing their own versions and publishing them on this page, will be exciting to see what we get.

Maybe in the long term, users could select their own background image to use on Cumulus MX from the settings screen for easy personalisation?

Matt

Check my Palmerston North, New Zealand weather station out at https://palmyweather.co.nz .

duke

Post by duke »

Looks good Matt, thanks for sharing.
Mopral26
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro II plus solar
Operating System: win 7

Post by Mopral26 »

duke wrote:While I am very impressed with the stability of CMX for a beta release and really appreciate all of Steve's continued R&D and devotion to Cumulus, I wanted a slightly 'brighter' interface. Now that Steve has given us a browser based GUI of course this is a simple thing to customise however you want.

While mine (I am sure) is not to every ones taste, it is an example of what can be achieved in just a few minutes.

With that said, if you're going to give it a go, back up your CSS and templates first as as usual, and, if you break it you fix it!

thanks, i like it, can you upload your interface please ?
duke

Post by duke »

I'm afraid not, the reason is this, until MX is out of beta, files could and probably will get changed in the interface. If I upload mine I will get asked for support and I do not have time for that at present - sorry. Even when MX is out of beta, if Steve changes the interface or adds pages, then a modified interface will need some degree of work.

May I suggest, back up your own interface files and give it ago. If you need help, search the forum then request further help if a solution cannot be found. You need no programming skills to mod the interface just CSS & HTML.

Good luck.
Vejbymats
Weather Station: DAVIS Vantage Vue
Operating System: Win 10

Post by Vejbymats »

This is my modified, public, site:

http://nr10.is-very-nice.org/

Lots of cut and paste, and reading up on syntaxes. At least 15 years since I last played with web pages... :)

/Mats
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

After a long period without using Cumulus (3 years) - I should be back using the wonderful new MX version, and hopefully posting a pic of the interface. I've had to settle for an Ambient WS-1001 clone that has been hacked to upload data to my website, but today I ordered the Davis VP2. I can't wait to be using it with MX! There's some nifty looking pics in this thread- very good. :)
Grimers
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 64-bit

Post by Grimers »

Mapantz wrote:After a long period without using Cumulus (3 years) - I should be back using the wonderful new MX version, and hopefully posting a pic of the interface. I've had to settle for an Ambient WS-1001 clone that has been hacked to upload data to my website, but today I ordered the Davis VP2. I can't wait to be using it with MX! There's some nifty looking pics in this thread- very good. :)
Good man. What issues were you experiencing with the Davis Vantage Vue?