Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release v3.4.0 (build 3064) - 19 February 2020.
    Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014

See the Wiki for downloading either version.

Adding previous rainfall

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.

Moderator: mcrossley

Thunnus
    Weather Station: Panatech
    Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Adding previous rainfall

Post by Thunnus » Tue 11 Feb 2020 4:20 am

Have just installed CumulusMX and all up and running, But i would like to add information for the this month up till today, can someone advise as to what entries in which .ini file (i assume in the data folder) i need to change for Monthly rainfall up until last night , max daily rainfall for the same period.

Have tried the obvious, but numbers i've typed in don't seem to correspond to what is displayed when i start CumulusMX

Would love some information on what entries are what in the .ini files, and how they interact

Regards
    Thunnus

sfws
    Weather Station: Modified Fine Offset
    Operating System: Win. 10 PC

Re: Adding previous rainfall

Post by sfws » Tue 11 Feb 2020 7:14 am

Although the FAQ in the Wiki was written for Cumulus 1, the .ini files are basicaly same in MX (there are some differences in how times are stored), so see
    https://cumuluswiki.org/a/FAQ#Where_doe ... ls_from.3F
    The only way to add rainfall for earlier in first month is to put all the earlier rainfall in on the first day (dayfile.txt) created for that month and to ensure that is not picked up by extreme files (Alltime.ini, Monthlyalltime.ini, month.ini, and year.ini). They should not be affected by a retrospective change to dayfile.txt.
    Thunnus wrote:
    Tue 11 Feb 2020 4:20 am
    Would love some information on what entries are what in the .ini files, and how they interact
    All the information about .ini files is also in the Wiki, see https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Category:Log_Files

Thunnus
    Weather Station: Panatech
    Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Re: Adding previous rainfall

Post by Thunnus » Tue 11 Feb 2020 11:03 am

Thanks fo r that. Is not a simple process to add rainfall i see, Might have to re-think the software component.

Thanks
    Thunnus