Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

realtimegauges.txt is missing

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

mrazoun
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: W7, Raspbian Jessie

realtimegauges.txt is missing

Post by mrazoun »

Dears,
I have a trouble. After new installation of CMX I'm not able to found, why the realtimegauges.txt is not created.
I suppose that the file should be in directory /web, the file realtimegaugesT.txt is present in this directory.
It worked fine in my old installation, but it was a long time before when I setup it. Mayby i forgot something...

Summary : I need to have the file "realtimegauges.txt" in /web directory.

I will be very lucky for your help.

Thank's in advance.

Zdenek

My setup :
Raspbian Jessie, Cumulus MX 3.2.6 b3062, started via script cumulusmx.sh.

Configuration :
Internet Settings->Web/FTP settings checked on these items : Auto update, Include standard files, Include graph data files, UTF-8 encoding, Enable Realtime, nothing more.
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Re: realtimegauges.txt is missing

Post by Mapantz »

Are they all checked, like this?
Annotation 2020-02-04 222259.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrazoun

Post by mrazoun »

No, only "Enable realtime" is checked.

I need only "realtimegauges.txt" file in directory /web. I don't need to transfer files anywhere, I'm using the same RPi as web server.

Rest of web files is updated without problem on my web, "Now", "Today", "Yesterday" etc. is working, only "Gauges" don't.

According what I read in that forum, realtimegauges.txt file should be created automaticaly on /web directory. This feature is available since build 3043. Can you confirm it pls. ?
In my old instalation it worked by that way, I changed only version of CMX. (was 3043, now 3062).

Thank you.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The realtimegauges.txt file is only created if one of these is true...

1. The Realtimegauges.txt FTP option is enabled
or
2. You add realtimegaugesT.txt/realtimegauges.txt to your Extra files processing.
mrazoun

Post by mrazoun »

mcrossley wrote: Wed 05 Feb 2020 9:42 am The realtimegauges.txt file is only created if one of these is true...

1. The Realtimegauges.txt FTP option is enabled
or
2. You add realtimegaugesT.txt/realtimegauges.txt to your Extra files processing.
Yes, it was the problem. Now it's working.

MANY THANK'S mcrossley.