Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Fixing this year rainfall total after sensor replacement

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

SUBYDAZZ
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 11

Fixing this year rainfall total after sensor replacement

Post by SUBYDAZZ »

Hi all,

I've recently updated to MX from Cumulus 1 and also had to replace an outdoor temperature/hygro unit because it started dropping comms everytime it got over 30-something degrees until I reset it. I've noticed that my this year rainfall is now showing zero, as existed because it reads from the sender. I'm a bit lost with the upgrade to MX so my question is how is the best way to find the actual total rain for this year from the records and how / what file do I edit to fix this.

For reference my weather station website is here: http://dazz.iridiumhost.com/pws/index.htm
fisherman3408
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 & Linux Mint 18.1

Re: Fixing this year rainfall total after sensor replacement

Post by fisherman3408 »

Hello,

I too have just updated from Cumulus 1.9.4 to Cumulus MX (b 3061), at the same time as moving the installation to a new VSFF PC just for my weather station.

I followed the instructions and advice from all the sources here and apart from a couple of minor hiccups, things are working EXCEPT my rain/rainfall and some solar date do not appear to be visible, or correctly visible.

The dashboard and likewise the web pages are showing rainfall as zero - yearly monthly etc. The records output does show the correct rainfall for the year to date.

The fact that some data is visible leads me to think that there has been a problem reading/converting/outputting the old data file. I am not in any way knowledgable about this, so any help to resolve would be gratefully received.

porlockweather.co.uk
After all is said and done... a lot more will be said, than done...
(Grant A.C. Dennis)
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

fisherman3408 wrote: Sun 29 Dec 2019 12:51 am Hello,

I too have just updated from Cumulus 1.9.4 to Cumulus MX (b 3061), at the same time as moving the installation to a new VSFF PC just for my weather station.

I followed the instructions and advice from all the sources here and apart from a couple of minor hiccups, things are working EXCEPT my rain/rainfall and some solar date do not appear to be visible, or correctly visible.

The dashboard and likewise the web pages are showing rainfall as zero - yearly monthly etc. The records output does show the correct rainfall for the year to date.

The fact that some data is visible leads me to think that there has been a problem reading/converting/outputting the old data file. I am not in any way knowledgable about this, so any help to resolve would be gratefully received.

porlockweather.co.uk
You need to zip up your MXdiags folder and attach it for us to look at. This really should be on a new thread, as it may not be related to the original subject.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

SUBYDAZZ wrote: Thu 19 Dec 2019 9:41 am Hi all,

I've recently updated to MX from Cumulus 1 and also had to replace an outdoor temperature/hygro unit because it started dropping comms everytime it got over 30-something degrees until I reset it. I've noticed that my this year rainfall is now showing zero, as existed because it reads from the sender. I'm a bit lost with the upgrade to MX so my question is how is the best way to find the actual total rain for this year from the records and how / what file do I edit to fix this.

For reference my weather station website is here: http://dazz.iridiumhost.com/pws/index.htm
Have you looked at the FAQ? https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/FAQ
It contains quite a bit on information related to editing rainfall.
fisherman3408

Post by fisherman3408 »

Hello Mark,

First of all thank you for your incredilble work, time and effort to support the future of this project - and to deal with users like me who have some difficulties with the nitty-gritty.

I have attached the MXDiags as requested.

I am probably being completely dull! For that I apologise. But everday is a school day, and I am keen to learn.

I have read the forum FAQ's regarding my annual/monthly rainfall issue but cannot see through the fog! I am certain though that this is just a really simple setting to reset etc. It is this sort of issue that led me to delay upgrading from C1.9.4 to MX until the 2020 date issue became more pressing.

Sorry for not making a new thread, but I thought that there might be some commonality as the OP had also just upgraded to MX. I appreciate that there might be some operating environment based differences which may actually result in different resolutions to this issue though.

I think I have now got an understanding of how the Yearly/ Monthly rain figures are generated. I am thinking that the problem lies in the fact that the old imported data, for some reason that I don't understand, has not been read/interpretted by the new MX installation (just in the monthly/yearly reporting), resulting in zero readings in the Interface Dashboard, and likewise the generated webpages. Perhaps my explanation of my issue is not clear, sorry for that too!

Your guidance/help is most gratefully received.......... Grant :bash:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(Grant A.C. Dennis)
fisherman3408

Post by fisherman3408 »

Hello Mark,

I have done the reading, learning, analysis etc - and I am pretty certain this is just a database issue.

In the move from one compuiter to another, and the upgrade from Cumulus 1 to Cumulus MX at the same time, there were gaps in logging etc. ( I won't go into putting the usb cable into the ethernet socket and wondering why the new computer wasn't recognising the Davis Console! :!: :roll: :?: :groan:

It was also overnight, and my weather day is a midnight one.

I have done some tweaking, and all seems to be fine now, apart from some missing data.

Of course I have had to adjust from the old interface panel to the MX browser based interface too!!! Perhaps I am getting old!!!

Sorry for bothering you.... :oops:

Please keep up the brilliant work.... an embarassed Grant
(Grant A.C. Dennis)
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

No problem, I'm glad you got there, and sorry I wasn't more help - I think I missed your previous message for some reason.