Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release v3.1.2 build 3055 - 4 November 2019.
Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014

See the Wiki for downloading either version.

MX with Weatherlink Live

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.

Moderator: mcrossley

Dave
Weather Station: Vantage Pro 2

MX with Weatherlink Live

Post by Dave » Sat 02 Nov 2019 3:14 pm

I noticed that WLL is now supported in MX. I know Davis finally published an API to access current conditions, but the last I remember hearing was the debate about access to archive data. Things like, is there local archive memory, is a pro subscription needed to download archive data, etc. So, can anyone share some details on using MX with WLL.

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Stretch Lite rPi

Re: MX with Weatherlink Live

Post by mcrossley » Sat 02 Nov 2019 8:22 pm

Davis have not published if there is a method of accessing any archive data, so like other software CMX can only work with live data capture.

The WLL has quite a large archive memory that it uses for catch-up to wl.com when it's internet connection is not available. Whether it uses the archive memory all the time is unknown, though you would suspect it may.

Davis have hinted that there may be extensions to the API in the future, so fingers crossed archive data access will come at some point.

To use CMX with a WLL, you just select it as the station type and define the sensor to transmitter id mappings and which ones you want to use as the primary sensors. It could do with a wiki article to show the process, but I haven't had time to create one yet.

Dave
Weather Station: Vantage Pro 2

Re: MX with Weatherlink Live

Post by Dave » Sun 03 Nov 2019 12:20 am

Thanks Mark!