Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Clientraw file

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

franmiele
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Debian Buster

Clientraw file

Post by franmiele »

I see this was bounced around a few years ago but didn't see any solution.

Prior to running Cumulus MX I ran and WeatherDisplay and then WEEWX. Both generated a clientraw.txt file that I could use to feed a program called client viewer that ran on a windows desktop. Is there any way to generate that file from Cumulus MX?
Fran
Hardware= RPI 2
Debian10 (Buster)
Mono 5.18
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Clientraw file

Post by mcrossley »

If all the tags are available you should be able to do this. Create a template file with the relevant tags, then get CMX to process it.
Do you have a definition for the clientraw file format?
alx6ths
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Raspbian

Post by alx6ths »

Hi, I'm also interested in this matter.
The description of the clientraw.txt format is here:
clientrawdescription.txt
unfortunately not all items can be filled. :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Post by BigOkie »

alx6ths wrote: Sun 20 Feb 2022 3:12 pm Hi, I'm also interested in this matter.
The description of the clientraw.txt format is here: clientrawdescription.txt unfortunately not all items can be filled. :?
This is not a dig at Weather Display; I used it at one point when I had a Honeywell TE923 station (which I guess now is called a Mebus or even Hideki) which the protocol was not released like they do for Davis, so I purchased Brian's software. I liked it then, I'm sure I'll like it still but it just got so bloated (Windows version) in the process that when I switched to a station that Cumulus supported I jumped all over it. I had Cumulus 1 for some time, then decided to downsize a little and when Steve put out CMX I gave that a try and instantly liked it.

Brian's software is good, don't get me wrong. It suffers from 'feature-itis', as it's called in SDLC parlance. So many different stations to try and support so features get implemented that aren't needed for many of the applications users use.

And yes, I realize that WD also has a Linux version. But I've never tried it. The only thing I'd like to be able to have it for (especially the clientraw part of it) is the alternative dashboard that was created for the Saratoga web template for it. I haven't found a way to port that to Cumulus and really make it work.