Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

from Cumulus to CumulusMX: a comprehensive and complete guide is required

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Simbor
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: raspy 3B+

from Cumulus to CumulusMX: a comprehensive and complete guide is required

Post by Simbor »

Hi Guys,

Premise:
Right now, I want to congratulate and thank those who, without any obligation or remuneration, have committed themselves in the past like now, to create and support this magnificent software. Times change and challenges continue to improve it and make it work better.
Since 2008, thanks to Steve and his Cumulus, I started recording and disseminating the weather data for my area.

With regret I had to change system: from a normal PC running all day to a raspy .... and this is causing me several problems, still partially unresolved.
I believe that, given the remarkable upgrade that MX offers, it is essential to have a clear and comprehensive guide to a typical installation.
If this is (or almost) for the raspy side, the same cannot be said for the server side.

After having done many tests without success, I purchased a web space instead of a free one, which served me for all these years without any problems. But evidently the problem was not even that.

Currently my server configuration is this:
Screenshot at Sep 15 11-17-51.png
Screenshot at Sep 15 11-18-41.png

I edited the graphSetting.php file:

Code: Select all

$GRAPH['jsonloc']        = '/meteo/';  // NOTE: This is the *server* operating system path to the file, so unless you have added
                                      // the web folder to your PHP path, it will be something like "/home/<userid>/www/"
$GRAPH['jpgraphloc']     = '/meteo/images/jpgraph/'; // NOTE: Same path type as json above
I edited the jpg-config.inc.php file:

define('CACHE_DIR','/meteo/images/cache/');
define('TTF_DIR','/meteo/images/jpgraph/fonts/');
define('MBTTF_DIR','/meteo/images/jpgraph/fonts/');

define('USE_CACHE',true);
I edited the gauges.js file:

imgPathURL        : 'meteo/images/',             //*** Change this to the relative path for your 'Trend' graph images
oldGauges         : 'meteo/gauges.htm',       //*** Change this to the relative path for your 'old' gauges page.

showPopupData     : true,                   //Pop-up data displayed
I edited the gd_image.inc.php file at line 2266 about

function GetAndStream($aImage,$aCacheFileName) {
        if( $this->Isvalid($aCacheFileName) ) {
            $this->StreamImgFile($aImage,$aCacheFileName);
            return true;
        }
        else {
            return false;
        }
I put the files in the JSON folder (https://github.com/mcrossley/Cumulus-MX-Gauge-Graphs/) into the images folder
(including the .htaccess file)
Screenshot at Sep 15 11-30-25.png

I have verified that the server is running GD.
Currently there is php 7.3.9

Now on http://www.sbonweb.it/meteo/index.htm (new web space)

I have tried various combinations of relative paths on file modifications; I tried (not knowing where to put it) to move all the files related to the JSON folder

Result:
the site runs, the weather data is visible and updated correctly.
- the graphs (trend.htm) there is no way to see them
- the gauges are not visible

Where am I doing wrong ????
It's driving me crazy.
:bash: :oops:

Reading several 3D, I realized that the biggest problem is precisely these two aspects.
for this reason, a guide or, at least, a typical server-side installation scheme and, possibly, the basic configurations (on interface: internet setting-> Web / FTP settings and Extra web files) necessary for the operation would be very helpful of graphics and gauges page.

Many thanks to those who want to give me help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: from Cumulus to CumulusMX: a comprehensive and complete guide is required

Post by water01 »

I can see both the gauges and the graphs.

Have you tried clearing the cache of your browser?
David
Simbor
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: raspy 3B+

Re: from Cumulus to CumulusMX: a comprehensive and complete guide is required

Post by Simbor »

Hi Water ...
no ... my stubbornness in trying to understand and try, has yielded something.
The LIB and JS folders were not in the right place.

What confused me for many days is that I didn't immediately understand that some passages described in the posts, were used to put different graphics and gauges.
 Considering the fact that I didn't see them on my site, I thought they were steps and changes to be made. Instead they are just modifications to MX, which alone works very well.

The fact remains that, in my opinion, we need a step-by-step guide that can provide guidelines, exhaustive and explanatory. A kind of 'typical installation', then those who feel it, can make improvements and changes.
I'm certainly not a programmer, but I understand something about code .... nevertheless, I got lost in a 'glass of water'.