Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

MX Web Tag File ???

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

odintheterrible
Weather Station: Brandson 304577 & GW1000
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

MX Web Tag File ???

Post by odintheterrible »

Is there a Web Tag file available for MX ... and if so, where do I find it ??
If not, anyone know how to create one ???
Thanks ;)
"Qui Custodit Ipsos Custodes ? ..."

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Re: MX Web Tag File ???

Post by beteljuice »

The <webtags> are pretty much identical - you just have to be careful with any date / time formats ..

https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/Webtags
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
odintheterrible
Weather Station: Brandson 304577 & GW1000
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Post by odintheterrible »

Thanks for the input, and I have read the WIKI in respect of the tags. However, is there a specific file that contains the tags ... (if so, where can it be downloaded )and if not, how do you create a web tag file ??
Thanks

(I'm asking because it's a location request in the Cumulus Toolbox)
"Qui Custodit Ipsos Custodes ? ..."

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !
ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10; Raspbian Buster

Post by ExperiMentor »

I think you might have missed the point (or else I've misinterpreted your question?)

Webtags in Cumulus are a feature by which Cumulus can 'process' any file (a template file) and convert all the Webtags within it to the actual value. Typically this is used in any *.htm or *.html files that you want to create including data from your weather station. You can create such a file with any text editor (eg Notepad on Windows or nano on a Raspberry Pi or even a fully fledged web file authoring package).

This is described near the start of the Wiki page referred above as:

Using web tags in templates for creating HTML pages
  • You can create a template file that has a structure of HTML elements with Cumulus web tags to represent the information you want included.
  • f you ask Cumulus to process that template file, it will create a HTML page from the template, and during that file creation replace the tag with the current value of the item the tag represents.
  • You also need to tell Cumulus that the resulting HTML file is to be uploaded to the internet (or copied to a local web server).
For example, the supplied template webpage file CumulusMX/web/TodayT.htm contains many Webtags, such as

Code: Select all

<title><#location> weather</title>
When Cumulus processes this template file, it changes the Webtag <#location> into the text that you have set for your location, and the processed output file including that (as well as all the other tags for date, time, temperature etc etc) is saved with a new filename, in this case Today.htm. In my case, this contains

<title>Chummetweg weather</title>
See how <#location> has been changed into Chummetweg?
Apart from the standard ones, you need to tell Cumulus which files you want it to process in the web interface / Settings / Extra web files table.

They don't have to be *.htm files - they are just text files to Cumulus. So I use the same feature to convert from twitter.txt containing almost nothing except a list of webtags:

<#shortdayname> <#hour><#minute>: <#forecast>. <#temp>C (app: <#apptemp>C). Wind <#wdir> <#wspeed><#windunit>. Rain <#rfall><#rainunit>. Humidity <#hum>%. <#press><#pressunit> <#presstrend>
to human readable with current data in tweet.txt

Fri 2235: Settled fine. 16.3C (app: 16.8C). Wind N 0.0mph. Rain 0.0mm. Humidity 74%. 1031.2mb Rising slowly
before uploading it using TwitterBot to https://twitter.com/LiesbergDorf

Hope that helps you!
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

(I'm asking because it's a location request in the Cumulus Toolbox)
If you read the instructions for Cumulus Toolbox in the wiki https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/Toolbox is tells you to use the PHP webtags file and there is a link to it in the article.
David
Dennisdg
Weather Station: Davis Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit

Post by Dennisdg »

I don't think Cumulus Tool Box works with CumulusMX Web Tags - it was designed long before CumulusMX was released. I guess you want to set up various alerts. Please let me know if you succeed!
Dennis

https://g4glp.co.uk

Davis Vantage PRO2
Win 11 Pro 64 bit
ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10; Raspbian Buster

Post by ExperiMentor »

water01 wrote: Sat 17 Aug 2019 12:46 pm
If you read the instructions for Cumulus Toolbox in the wiki https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/Toolbox is tells you to use the PHP webtags file and there is a link to it in the article.
Ah so I didn't know anything about this!

The answer to the original poster is basically that it's a plain text file (create with any text editor) and you can put it anywhere. You just need to put the path and name of the source file and the destination *.php file into the relevant boxes in the Settings / Extra web files table - not forgetting to tell Cumulus that you want it to process that file, and if you want to FTP it somewhere etc when done.

Or if he means the file containing all the possible webtags, see https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/Php_webtags where it says:
"The download file on this page (download File:Cumuluswebtags.txt) contains all current webtags produced by Cumulus v 1.9.4. IMPORTANT This file is only for use with Cumulus v1.9.4, it will not work with Cumulus MX. "
The actual link location is: https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/File: ... ebtags.txt