Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus MX upgrade

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Benpointer
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: OSX Sierra

Cumulus MX upgrade

Post by Benpointer »

Apologies if this has been covered before but I can't find an answer...

I have been running Cumulus MX 3.0.0 b3043 for quite a while on OXS and I notice there is a later version 3050, which I have downloaded. I have taken a back-up of my current data folder.

I cannot see anything that looks like an installer in the download. Is there a standard upgrade process I need to follow, or list of files I should copy from the installer to the /Applications/CumulusMX folder that I run Cumulus from?

I don't want to screw anything up.

Thanks
SunDial
Weather Station: OS WMR928N
Operating System: OPi Armbian 5.75 Ubuntu Bionic

Re: Cumulus MX upgrade

Post by SunDial »

The advice Steve provided with a number of updates was simply to back up your current CumulusMX folder and sub-folders and copy/extract the update over the top of your current installation. I presume *.ini files are not included and simply update your current ini files with any new config settings, should they have been added to the updated program code. In any event, you can always replace any INI files with your back ups should you need to.