Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Install compliments, graphs and system status

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Install compliments, graphs and system status

Post by HansR »

Hello all,
I bought a Davis Vantage PRO2+ in 2008 and installed it with Cumulus with a website on Saratoga scripts. It was an easy system with Cumulus as an easy clean program to handle the info. But I had to break it down and hide the equipment in 2013 for 6 years. Unfortunate, but recently I could set it up again. I found Cumulus had developed into MX and Steve had retired. A lot of changes. So I looked around again to find the tools available.

In the end, it was Cumulus again. I bought a Raspberry 3B+, installed CumulusMX - thanks for the start/stop and the cumulusnow script - and started creating a website, again on the Saratoga scripts. I must say, it went smooth. Within two hours or so I had the Raspberry running with CumulusMX and transferring the realtime.txt to the ftp-site. Thanks to the info here on the forum and the wiki, thanks Steve and to you all who maintained Cumulus the level it is now.

So, having said that, I do have some issues though:
  1. I want to have graphs on the website. I can't find the route getting the graphs on the server.
  2. The status-page of my Saratoga script-site appears not to give full info. I do not see how I can connect my CumulusMX info to the Saratoga thing.
  3. The choice for the Saratoga scripts does not convince me up till now, maybe there are better templates around. I will take some advice if any.
Happy to have the installation running, hope some of you can comment on my issues.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
hvd51
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + Weatherlink IP
Operating System: Pi 4 / Linux 6.1.21-v8+ aarch64

Re: Install compliments, graphs and system status

Post by hvd51 »

Hans,
I want to have graphs on the website. I can't find the route getting the graphs on the server.
https://github.com/mcrossley/Cumulus-MX-Gauge-Graphs

Harm
HansR

Post by HansR »

Thnx, that helps.
Hans

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I want to have graphs on the website. I can't find the route getting the graphs on the server.

The CumulusMX standard template has the graphs http://www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/trends.htm but sorry can't help how to get them in the Saratoga template.
The status-page of my Saratoga script-site appears not to give full info. I do not see how I can connect my CumulusMX info to the Saratoga thing.
If you were to post your issue in the Saratoga section I am sure Ken will be helpful viewforum.php?f=25

An alternate to the Saratogo is the Weatherist34 HWS now also maintained by Ken viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17090
My example www.komokaweather.com/pws

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

HansR

Post by HansR »

Hi Harm, Paul,

Thanks for the replies.
  1. I see the graphs in CumulusMX but I do not get them on my webpages. Cumulus and the webserver are two different machines and I do not have full control over the webserver. Problem appears to be I can't get jpgraph to work. Not even when I dump all files in the web-directory where the saratoga-files are (with the directory structure below). The htaccess file should make sure referencing the original png files would trigger the whole jpgraph thing. However, it does not. It is not straight forward apparently. Take too much time.
  2. I'll drop the status question in the relevant section.
  3. Looking into Weatherist34 HWS, thnx.
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

I have been looking into the Status-page but I do think it finally is a CumulusMX issue. I have been tracing the CUtags file and my conclusion is that the information is not correctly placed into the CUtags-file which is transferred and translated to the website. The info is not there so it cannot be displayed.

Specifically the info about "Station system up for" and "Station system free memory " , diskinfo , CPU info as well.
Hans

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

This is in the release notes topic for Cumulus MX, first post (READ Me FIRST).
Some of the 'system status' web tags do not work: <#CpuName>, <#MemoryStatus>, <#DisplayMode>, <#DiskSize> and <#DiskFree>
David
HansR

Post by HansR »

OK. Thnx.

I have six years of reading to catch up, that's a lot more than I thought. Getting the site running is taking a lot of time as well so I can use this info. But maybe a README FIRST would have some value. Thnx, I'll read ;)
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

Good, I have it all up and running, website has it's main items configured, will be enlarged over time I guess.
Some minor tuning left to do.

The easy part was setting up the hardware, the raspberry and cumulus which was done in a bit less than 2 hrs. The harder part was the website especially the graphs and gauges. I was kind of mislead by Mike Crossley's jpgraph alternative (sorry ;) ). In the end I decided to stick with the original Cumulus graphs and the Steelseries gauges, all created server-side with 'highcharts' (free license) after some tweaking. Some small finetuning and some unexpected network issues. Raspberry system backup to my NAS weekley, Cumulus daily. I am very happy with slashmusic's Start/Stop/Restart-script.

All in all it was an easy setup. Cumulus[MX] is still a fine and easy program for the job. Nice to be back.
Hans