Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Questions: Log Interval / Extra Sensors

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

SunDial
Weather Station: OS WMR928N
Operating System: OPi Armbian 5.75 Ubuntu Bionic

Questions: Log Interval / Extra Sensors

Post by SunDial »

Hi,

I guess a few newbie questions here but I can't find much on them, so here goes.

Under the CumulusMX Settings > Station Settings > Options the Log Interval advises "Frequency of Cumulus log entries - set your station to the same". I have an Oregon Scientific WMR 928N PWS and I can't see the log interval mentioned in the user manual - anyone know how or where I could check or change this so that I know I am in sync with my CumulusMX setting? Is a recommended setting 5 minutes to keep the log file manageable?

Also under Station Settings > Options is Extra Sensors and "Display and log extra sensors, if fitted". I have three additional sensors and although I see the sensor data under Extra Sensors on the Admin page I don't see any difference under Dashboard, Now, Gauges or Graphs with the setting enabled. What is the meaning of "Display" in the context of the sub-heading advice in this case, i.e. where can I see this extra sensor data displayed?

Thanks
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Questions: Log Interval / Extra Sensors

Post by mcrossley »

Cumulus doesn't do much with the extra data other than display it on the Extra Sensors page of the Admin interface. It's up to you to add the data you want to your web pages.

Sorry I can't help with your logging interval question.