Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release v3.0.0 build 3050 - 1 May 2019.
Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014

See the Wiki for downloading either version.

Rain value problem

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.

Moderator: mcrossley

Post Reply
f4phlyer
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun 13 Feb 2011 7:12 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: RaspBerry Pi Win 10 OSx
Location: Spring, Texas USA
Contact:

Rain value problem

Post by f4phlyer » Mon 13 May 2019 2:01 am

Just installed build #3050 and noticed that the yearly and monthly rain totals were incorrect. The values would be "yesterday's" values. I reinstalled build 3049 and all is back to normal.
Just wanted to post this and see if anyone else has had the problem. I'll wait to 3051 and see what happens.
Steve
The Squeaky Sands Inn
CumulusMX on Raspberry π 3
WeatherUnderground KTXSPRIN538
http://www.squeakysands-inn.net/index.php

User avatar
mcrossley
Posts: 5572
Joined: Thu 07 Jan 2010 9:44 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Stretch Lite rPi
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Rain value problem

Post by mcrossley » Mon 13 May 2019 9:20 pm

Steve, are you saying that it is not adding on any rain so far today?

I've had another look and cannot see at the moment how the 3050 changes would change anything, they were only to do with reading from the log file. The results of which are written to the diags log...

"Rainthismonth from dayfile.txt: xxx"
"Rainthisyear from dayfile.txt: xxx"

These would be "yesterdays" values because that is all that is in the dayfile, today's rain is added in separately and that code is not changed.

Could you post the MXdiags file from 3050 starting, and then 3049 starting afterwards please.

f4phlyer
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun 13 Feb 2011 7:12 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: RaspBerry Pi Win 10 OSx
Location: Spring, Texas USA
Contact:

Re: Rain value problem

Post by f4phlyer » Tue 14 May 2019 8:14 pm

Mark, thanks for the response. I had put off doing any trouble shooting but looking at the logs I think I've spotted the issue. The logs for 3050 can't go past the rain computation as it finds an error in dayfile at line 1492 (which was back in 2015). Before I discovered the "separator" issue I had tried troubleshooting the 'incorrect format' to no avail, but then looking further and going back and comparing the beginning of the MXlog when the "separators" are defined I found the 3050 "separators" are contained in 'brackets' but in 3049 there are no brackets.
If you need any additional logs or anything else let me know
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
The Squeaky Sands Inn
CumulusMX on Raspberry π 3
WeatherUnderground KTXSPRIN538
http://www.squeakysands-inn.net/index.php

User avatar
mcrossley
Posts: 5572
Joined: Thu 07 Jan 2010 9:44 pm
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Stretch Lite rPi
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Rain value problem

Post by mcrossley » Tue 14 May 2019 11:03 pm

So have you fixed the dayfile entry at line 1492?

I suspect that 3050 may work once the dayfile is sorted out.

As the error only occurs in 3050 and not 3049 I suspect the problem is the date format is incorrect in that a different separator was used for some entries.
Build 3049 uses fixed offsets to find day, month, year. Build 3050 uses the separators defined by the OS to split the values (so allowing for multi-character separators), but it does mean it will be sensitive to the separator value changing.

f4phlyer
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun 13 Feb 2011 7:12 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: RaspBerry Pi Win 10 OSx
Location: Spring, Texas USA
Contact:

Re: Rain value problem

Post by f4phlyer » Wed 15 May 2019 2:50 pm

Mark, thanks again for the help. I must have missed something as I was making the corrections on the dayfile.txt located in the top directory/folder. Not sure when it was moved to the "data" folder but the last entry was Feb 2, 2019. I'm guessing I did a build update around that time. Correcting the delimiter fixed the problem.
Steve
The Squeaky Sands Inn
CumulusMX on Raspberry π 3
WeatherUnderground KTXSPRIN538
http://www.squeakysands-inn.net/index.php

Post Reply