Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Ambientweather.net API Support

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Buford T. Justice
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1002
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Ambientweather.net API Support

Post by Buford T. Justice »

I keep hoping maybe Cumulus MX will get Ambientweather.net API support and log the data so Cumulus MX can be used. Are there any plans for this?

https://www.ambientweather.com/api.html
jkingsmill
Weather Station: Aercus
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Ambientweather.net API Support

Post by jkingsmill »

Could you give us an idea of what functionality you would like from an integration with AmbientWeather?
I'm not familiar with AmbientWeather, however it appears the functionality the API provides is akin to reading data directly from a weather station. If so, then I don't see any issues.

There is a fairly major update of CumulusMX (V4) in the works at the moment, which should allow integrations to be written in a far easier manner. I would suggest that any integration is more likely to be written to work with this new version rather than the current V3 - depending on the free time available.
Buford T. Justice

Yes. To read the weather station data published to Ambientweather.net so it can be logged into Cumulus MX or 4.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

It's not clear to me from the API documentation how to read historic data or even if it is possible, and thus replicate a logger for missing data whilst MX is stopped. It just talks about "recent data".

The real-time data feed seems pretty straightforward.
Buford T. Justice

I know with Weather Display that if I do not run it for a few days, I can open it, and it will pull the records from Ambientweather.net from the last time it read to the present. The program itself is OK, but cumbersome. It's not intuitive like Cumulus.

I think most users of Cumulus over the last several years mostly use either Fine Offset or Davis weather stations. The Fine Offsets seem to all be going to WiFi like the Ambient Weather WS-2902A (Fine Offset WH2900):

http://www.foshk.com/Wifi_Weather_Station/WH2900.html

I have no experience with the versions used in Europe, Australia, etc.
WoodburyMan
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000
Operating System: Windows 10 20H2

Post by WoodburyMan »

Buford T. Justice wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 5:37 pm I know with Weather Display that if I do not run it for a few days, I can open it, and it will pull the records from Ambientweather.net from the last time it read to the present. The program itself is OK, but cumbersome. It's not intuitive like Cumulus.

I think most users of Cumulus over the last several years mostly use either Fine Offset or Davis weather stations. The Fine Offsets seem to all be going to WiFi like the Ambient Weather WS-2902A (Fine Offset WH2900):

http://www.foshk.com/Wifi_Weather_Station/WH2900.html

I have no experience with the versions used in Europe, Australia, etc.
As well, WeatherDisplay is able to read from a Linux based system that runs on the Ambient Weather units and read it directly into it's programming.
I reply heavily upon the FineOffset stations, I pay $50-75 for new sensors every 2-3 years to replace them. A decade in I'm still cheaper than the cheapest Davis station... However, the parts for the other USB-Enabled console versions are getting harder and harder to find. I can only find cheap ones that upload to AmbientWeather and such now.
Woodbury, CT Weather Ecowitt GW1100, Solar, Wind, Rain, Temp, Soil, Lightning
Southington, CT Weather Ecowitt GW2000 Wittboy Solar, Wind, Rain, Temp, Soil, Lightning, CO2/PM2.5/PM10

Running CumuluxMX 3.24.1 b3234 both sites on Windows 11 22H2
jkingsmill
Weather Station: Aercus
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by jkingsmill »

mcrossley wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 8:00 am It's not clear to me from the API documentation how to read historic data or even if it is possible, and thus replicate a logger for missing data whilst MX is stopped. It just talks about "recent data".

The real-time data feed seems pretty straightforward.
Mark, it looks like the 'endDate' parameter is the one required - although oddly, if I'm reading correctly, seems inverted to the way you'd typically expect results to be filtered.
Max 288 results, ending in 'endDate', so the first result will be < endDate.
But definitely looks like historical data is available.