Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Build 3048 - deleting Cumulus.ini and other errors

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10; Raspbian Buster

Build 3048 - deleting Cumulus.ini and other errors

Post by ExperiMentor »

I just tried upgrading from build 3043 to 3048, keeping my data, backup webfiles and a copy of Cumulus.ini as is recommended.

When I run the new version:
- it runs briefly
- it deletes the copy of Cumulus.ini that I've copied into the new installation
- the local webpage http://*.*.*.*:8998 is like an empty template - no content, gauges, all data fields at zero or --, even the bar at the bottom says "v3.0.0 B" without mentioning a build number

As others don't seem to have these problems, any clues or suggestions as to what's wrong?
ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10; Raspbian Buster

Re: Build 3048 - deleting Cumulus.ini and other errors

Post by ExperiMentor »

I think it's a hardware problem - failed SD card.

Apparently there is a strange 'fail' type for SD cards whereby writes seem to work at the time, but on reboot all changes are lost and the card content reverts to where it was. Further checks show that's what I have - very odd. Seems to have developed just after I installed Build 3048, but I cannot make any new changes.

I'm just backing everything up before I lose it ....
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Build 3048 - deleting Cumulus.ini and other errors

Post by mcrossley »

That's an odd one! I got wary of SD cards failing and switched to running my Pi off a small USB SSD drive - overkill but proving reliable.