Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Upgrading to v3047 from v3043 ...

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

odintheterrible
Weather Station: Brandson 304577 & GW1000
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Upgrading to v3047 from v3043 ...

Post by odintheterrible »

Greetings to one and all,

I've just downloaded the latest version of MX (v3047).
Before I dive in and update, can anyone please tell exactly which files have changed as I don't want to lose the modifications which I've made to the web site interface and the additional BT's Global Sager Weathercaster PHP Scripts For Cumulus which are incorporated, as it took a bit of time to get it all synchronised??
As the latest version claims to have solved the usual USB Lockout issue I obviously want to use the latest version so what's the best way to update it ???
Guidance most welcomed. Thanks
"Qui Custodit Ipsos Custodes ? ..."

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Upgrading to v3047 from v3043 ...

Post by freddie »

3046 and 3047 detail the files that have changed in the posts announcing the releases. FWIW it might be worth just copying your data folder, your web folder and your Cumulus.ini file to a safe place and then removing your exisiting installation (or just move it) and make a fresh install and copy back in the files you took copies of.
Freddie
chrishudson
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspbian Bullseye

Post by chrishudson »

For upgrades that involve more than a few files these are the steps I take:
  • Rename the CumulusMX folder to cumulusMX-Old
  • Create a new CumulusMX folder and run up a new install.
  • Copy the web folder, data folder and Cumulus.ini from the Cumulus-Old folder to the new folder
  • Start up the new install.
If things go pearshaped, which rarely happens, then I just delete the new folder and rename the Cumulus-Old folder back to CumulusMX and start up the old install.
If all goes well, then after a couple of days I delete the CumulusMX-Old folder.
Latham, ACT, Australia
http://lathamweather.net
Davis Vantage Pro 2 - Raspberry Pi 3
odintheterrible

freddie wrote: Sun 17 Feb 2019 4:45 pm 3046 and 3047 detail the files that have changed in the posts announcing the releases. FWIW it might be worth just copying your data folder, your web folder and your Cumulus.ini file to a safe place and then removing your exisiting installation (or just move it) and make a fresh install and copy back in the files you took copies of.
Hi, I'm very interested to learn what changes have been made to the 3046 & 3047 code to 'fix' the USB Lockout issue as I've been actively exchanging emils with the Fine Offset manufacturer (Fine Offset Electronics Co., Ltd.) about this issue since they changed the chipset, but have never really received any useful responses from them about this self inflicted problem.

I've been searching the posts as you indicated but haven't been able to find anything. Can you point me in the right direction please

Many thanks

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Sure.
3047 changes are in this post: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12908&p=133413#p133413
3046 changes are in the post immediately prior to this.
Freddie
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

odintheterrible wrote: Tue 19 Feb 2019 6:48 pm Hi, I'm very interested to learn what changes have been made to the 3046 & 3047 code to 'fix' the USB Lockout issue as I've been actively exchanging emils with the Fine Offset manufacturer (Fine Offset Electronics Co., Ltd.) about this issue since they changed the chipset, but have never really received any useful responses from them about this self inflicted problem.
The only change was to enable the Sync Reads option by default. Previously it was off by default and some users were not aware of this setting and switching it on. The old units that do not need the setting are probably getting rare by now.
odintheterrible

Even though I always had the "Synchronise Fine Offset reads" check box ticked, the software/station was always prone to the dreaded USB Lockout; hanging several times each week despite tinkering with the settings as suggested in several posts on the forum.
However, since switching to v3047, so far, it appears that this move has 'solved' the problem ... but I say this with fingers crossed as it has only been a few days since the upgrade ... but hopes are high especially as the bt-sager stuff seems to be delivering accurate forecasts now. ;)

odintheterrible

Alas, my hopes have been dashed as the 'Fine Offset USB lockup' continues.
I've tried adjusting the upload intervals and ticking the 'Synchronise Fine Offset reads' option, but it hasn't thus far been successful in solving this tedious problem. I've even switched to a mini pc with a faster CPU which is now dedicated to running Cumulus and nothing else.
GOing to install the latest update in a moment ... but if anyone has found a solution to this problem then I'd love to know what the secret is please ;) :groan:

odintheterrible

'Well, now running v3050 and even though the 'Synchronise Fine Offset reads' in the Station Settings is ticked, it definitely doesn't produce the desired 'Work around for Fine Offset console USB lockup problem' ... after tinkering with the settings for weeks, I've finally decided to throw in the towel ... this problem seems insoluble ! ... and 'Fine Offset Electronics Co., Ltd.' DO NOT respond to any communications on the subject.
I've even inquired about the new WH2650 and GW1001 to make sure that these new systems don't suffer the same affliction ... but they continue to ignore anything that refers to this obviosly toughie subject.
Anyone got an update on this problem ???????
Thanks