Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus MX install

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Worf
Weather Station: N96GY
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Cumulus MX install

Post by Worf »

Please bear with me as a non techy pensioneer!
I have been running Cumulus 1 for many years on my pc (currently [url]nttp://www.aberdaronweather.co.uk[/url] ) but realise that this format is now not "responsive"
I take it that that is why Cumulus MX has been developed.
I have found the download and installation instructions viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12908
Do the installation instructions dated 2015 still apply, or is there a newer version?
Would it be easier for the likes of me to start with a completely new installation in case I lose everything trying to migrate my current data.? (or would I be better to leave well enough alone at my age :roll: )
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Cumulus MX install

Post by mcrossley »

There is no compelling reason to migrate to MX, Cumulus 1 should carry on chugging away for the foreseeable future. The drop down lists for some items in C1 only go up to 2020, though that will not prevent anything working. If however there is some Windows type update that breaks things in teh future, then we are not going be able to fix C1 and you would be forced to migrate.

I *always* recommend you install MX in parallel with C1 rather than over the top. Then you can fiddle with it until you are happy just by ending C1 and starting MX. After each "fiddle" just stop MX, start C1 and it will catch up from where it left off. Once you are happy with MX then perform a final copy of the data files from C1 to MX and you're done.

Do read the installation notes and the FAQ carefully - there are some minor changes required to the data .ini files (and Cumulus.ini) in order for them to work properly with MX.
Worf
Weather Station: N96GY
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Post by Worf »

Many thanks for that. The only reason for changing, is to make it more "mobile friendly".
I will give it a try.
griffo42
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Post by griffo42 »

Hi All

I am in much the same category as Worf. I have CumulusMX downloaded and unzipped into a folder on my desktop running Windows 10. I have run CumulusMX.exe as Administrator and what I get is as in the attachment.

What is the next step please?

My current version of Cumulus is hosted by an external web hosting service and feeds into the Saratoga templates. I have read all of the instructions that I can find on this Board and the FAQ and can't see where to go from here. Help please.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

griffo42 wrote: Fri 01 Mar 2019 12:17 pmI have CumulusMX downloaded and unzipped into a folder on my desktop running Windows 10. I have run CumulusMX.exe as Administrator and what I get is as in the attachment.

What is the next step please?

My current version of Cumulus is hosted by an external web hosting service and feeds into the Saratoga templates. I have read all of the instructions that I can find on this Board and the FAQ and can't see where to go from here.
The first step would be to read the first post in this subforum. In short, it will describe the fact that Cumulus MX does not have a GUI, and you access all of its functions through a web browser. The post describes other stuff as well. There are several posts on the forum about migrating to MX from Cumulus 1. You should find that your Cumulus 1 data will be read by MX.

Happy reading :-)
Freddie