Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

January "Records" not showing

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

caerhays
Weather Station: Watson W8681
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

January "Records" not showing

Post by caerhays »

Hi all,

Everything has been working fine in my CumulusMX until today , 2nd February.

When end of January came and it was 1st February, under the Records tab, the Alltime, January, This Month and This Year records showed good values.

Now on 2nd February The Alltime, February, This Month and This Year records show but the January records are not showing but instead are replaced by 999.0's and zeros. All other functions are performing correctly as intended.

The data appears all intact but something has changed to stop Cumulus picking up the records. I have looked throughout the forum but the only related post with a possible solution was dated 2011 and the link given was redundant.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?.

Cheers, Phil
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: January "Records" not showing

Post by mcrossley »

Is this on the admin interface?
What language settings are you using?
Version of MX?
caerhays

Post by caerhays »

Hi Mark,

Its on the main menu, marked "Records". I'm using the latest version of MX version 3.0.0.3046 and its set for English .

Regards, Phil
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Switch on debug logging off it isn't already, display the page then zip up your MXdiags folder and post it.
caerhays

Post by caerhays »

Hi Mark,

As requested, MXDiags.

Regards, Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Ah, sorry, you stopped/started Cumulus so many times with very short run times (most of the runs hadn't finished processing their catch-up data before they were killed) that you have lost the file I wanted to see - what happened at the month end rollover.
caerhays

Post by caerhays »

Hi Mark,

Yes, I had a problem in that cumulus was opening very slowly and the web page not updating on two or three occasions so I stopped it and started it again, but to no avail. So i rebooted windows and it then ran fine. I think it may have been a windows update that was in the background and perhaps hadn't finished. (Wonderful Microsoft giving you no notice of such things !).

As far as i can see all my data is present and correct but for some reason Cumulus isn't pulling the January Highs and Lows together . Which file is it that pulls this data together ?. It may well be just a corrupted configuration file. Any pointers to where to look ?. It may not collate the highs and lows for other months at month end.

Regards, Phil
caerhays

Post by caerhays »

I now see I have a bigger problem than I thought.

On checking the "Records" on the CMX web interface, some the figures for "February" are not the same as the figures for "This Month".

eg. the lowest temp is actually -0.8 on 1st Feb @ 1.32 and it shows correctly on "this Month" but on "February" it shows as 0.9 on 3rd Feb @4.59. Several others also differ.

I presume "This Month" figures should agree with the current month, "February", or am I missing something.

Phil
caerhays

Post by caerhays »

For those that know what to look for, here are my Data files for my CumulusMX .

Regards, Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
This is an area I have never ventured, but:
alltime.ini contains the all time record and alltimelog.txt is a log of those occurrences
today.ini, yesterday.ini, month.ini and year.ini contain the records for those periods
monthlyalltime.ini contains the records for 12 period - i.e. [Temperature01} for month of January, [Temperature02} for month of February, etc to [Temperature12] for month of December if you have data for all months, and the same for the other data elements such as [Windxx], [Rainxx], etc.

My monthlyalltime.ini under [Tempearture01] [Wind01] etc. has the data records for January dates/times
and under [Temeperature02] [Wind02] etc. has the data records for February dates/times

In your monthlyalltime.ini it has [Temperature01] [Wind01] etc. BUT the data is shown as February dates/times
and under [Temperature02] it also has data shown as February which are likely correct, so no January records shown in this monthlyalltime.ini file

I would think by editing your monthlyalltime.ini under [Temperature01] etc. to include/replace with your January records would fix it but have no experience with this so you are on your own...

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Sounds about right Paul - just do it with Cumulus stopped.
It sounds like your month rollover may have failed for some reason.

Also when you were starting Cumulus and it was not responsive/updating the dashboard, it was because it was processing the history records from your logger from the time Cumulus last successfully ran. You have to wait for the "Normal running" message to know that process has completed.
caerhays

Post by caerhays »

Hi all,

Thank you Paul and Mark for your input. One learns from ones mistakes !. I will be careful to make sure Windows isn't busy updating when I enable Cumulus in future. I think because the processor was heavily engaged it slowed Cumulus to a snails pace and I quit from it too early. I always wait for "normal running" to appear now.

I will now need to retire to a quiet room with no distractions to see if I can correct the records.

Thanks again, Phil
caerhays

Post by caerhays »

Hi all,

All edited and now displaying correctly.

One final issue though. I have established a web page on an old domain www.flatseek.co.uk that I still hold and everything displays well on it with one exception.

For some reason the pages reached on the "Records" and "Monthly Records" tabs show text at the top saying the data displayed starts on 26th January 2019. This is incorrect for some reason and it should say 16th January 2019.

The date is obviously pulled in from somewhere but I can't see any way to correct this. Any ideas ?.

Apart from that Cumulus is working well. All issues I have had have been my fault as a newbie to weather station management and not the software. Mark and those others who have developed this software are to be congratulated on an excellent job done.
My next task is to see if I can get CumulusMX working on a spare Raspberry Pi B so I can leave it running to update the webpage continuously.

Many thanks, Phil
laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Post by laulau »

caerhays wrote: Thu 07 Feb 2019 10:18 am

The date is obviously pulled in from somewhere but I can't see any way to correct this. Any ideas ?.
I think from cumulus.ini
Look for : StartDate=
Laurent

caerhays

Post by caerhays »

Bonsoir Laurent. Qui l'a corrigé !.

Merci beaucoup.

Mes amities, Phil